Source: Nick Swisher might wait for Josh Hamilton to sign
|12.03.12 at 2:25 pm ET|
NASHVILLE, Tenn. — While the Red Sox have continued interest in free agent Nick Swisher, an industry source has indicated the first baseman/outfielder may wait until fellow free agent Josh Hamilton agrees to a deal before signing with a team.
Though the Red Sox signed catcher/first baseman Mike Napoli to a three-year, $39 million deal on Monday, the move has not taken them out of the running for Swisher, who hit .272/.364/.473 with 24 homers and 93 RBI last season for the Yankees.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs
- Cup of Coffee: Salem's narrow loss ends season for whole system
- Podcast Ep. #105: MoncadainBoston
- Cup of Coffee: Devers helps keep Salem alive, Lowell eliminated