Source: Nick Swisher might wait for Josh Hamilton to sign
|12.03.12 at 2:25 pm ET|
NASHVILLE, Tenn. — While the Red Sox have continued interest in free agent Nick Swisher, an industry source has indicated the first baseman/outfielder may wait until fellow free agent Josh Hamilton agrees to a deal before signing with a team.
Though the Red Sox signed catcher/first baseman Mike Napoli to a three-year, $39 million deal on Monday, the move has not taken them out of the running for Swisher, who hit .272/.364/.473 with 24 homers and 93 RBI last season for the Yankees.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Aaron Kurcz dealt to Atlanta for Anthony Varvaro
- Offseason Notes: Trades, signings, and awards
- Marco Hernandez received from Cubs to complete Doubront trade
- Podcast Ep. 69: Hot Stove on High
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo/Vazquez headline action in Puerto Rico
- Trade analysis: Scouting the players in the Wade Miley deal
- Sox acquire Zeke Spruill for Myles Smith in second D-Backs trade
- Justin Masterson: An unlikely All-Star reunites with the Red Sox
- Trade analysis: Scouting the prospects dealt for Porcello
- Astros select Jason Garcia in Rule 5 draft, trade him to Orioles