Source: No-trade wouldn’t impact Red Sox’ chances of landing Asdrubal Cabrera
|12.03.12 at 2:21 pm ET|
NASHVILLE, Tenn. — A source confirmed to WEEI.com Monday that the Red Sox are one of six teams on Asdrubal Cabrera‘s no-trade list. However, the source indicated the clause would not be an impediment to any deal and that shortstop would be open to a trade.
Cabrera’s limited no-trade clause simply represents a form of leverage in the event that a deal involving the 27-year-old were to be struck. The list consists of the Sox, Yankees, Tigers, Nationals, Giants and Mets.
An All-Star in each of the last two seasons, the switch-hitting Cabrera hit .270/.338/.423 last season with 16 homers, 68 RBI and nine stolen bases.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- 2014 Fall Instructional League rosters and schedule
- Cup of Coffee: PawSox fall late in Gildan Championship Game
- The Write-Up: Rusney Castillo
- Cup of Coffee: Couch leads PawSox to Series win
- Cup of Coffee: Owens struggles, pushing PawSox to the brink
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket drops game two in extras
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket takes game one of Governor's Cup
- Rusney Castillo flashes exciting potential in Triple-A debut
- Barnes promoted to Boston
- The Write-Up: Matt Barnes