Source: No-trade wouldn’t impact Red Sox’ chances of landing Asdrubal Cabrera
|12.03.12 at 2:21 pm ET|
NASHVILLE, Tenn. — A source confirmed to WEEI.com Monday that the Red Sox are one of six teams on Asdrubal Cabrera‘s no-trade list. However, the source indicated the clause would not be an impediment to any deal and that shortstop would be open to a trade.
Cabrera’s limited no-trade clause simply represents a form of leverage in the event that a deal involving the 27-year-old were to be struck. The list consists of the Sox, Yankees, Tigers, Nationals, Giants and Mets.
An All-Star in each of the last two seasons, the switch-hitting Cabrera hit .270/.338/.423 last season with 16 homers, 68 RBI and nine stolen bases.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Betts Has Real Chance of Crashing AL MVP Party
- MLB Betting Preview: Red Sox vs. Orioles Odds, Analysis
- David Ortiz Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Foot
- Can Benintendi Be Pennant Race Difference-Maker?
- Updates on Red Sox Star Hanley Ramirez's Injury
- Andrew Benintendi Recalled from Double-a
- Fernando Abad to Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: Groome impresses while Johnson falters
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects five hits, Chatham belts two homers
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon comes up clutch, Dalbec stays hot for Lowell
- Scouting Scratch: Mike Shawaryn and Shaun Anderson
- Cup of Coffee: LaMarre powers Pawtucket, Kopech whiffs 10
- After draft slide, Shawaryn regaining peak form in Lowell
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada shows off power and defense as he eyes the big leagues
- 2014 First-rounder Michael Chavis promoted to High A Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Jason Groome era begins with two scoreless innings
- Weekly Notes: Groome debuts, Kopech and Dalbec stay hot