Source: No-trade wouldn’t impact Red Sox’ chances of landing Asdrubal Cabrera
|12.03.12 at 2:21 pm ET|
NASHVILLE, Tenn. — A source confirmed to WEEI.com Monday that the Red Sox are one of six teams on Asdrubal Cabrera‘s no-trade list. However, the source indicated the clause would not be an impediment to any deal and that shortstop would be open to a trade.
Cabrera’s limited no-trade clause simply represents a form of leverage in the event that a deal involving the 27-year-old were to be struck. The list consists of the Sox, Yankees, Tigers, Nationals, Giants and Mets.
An All-Star in each of the last two seasons, the switch-hitting Cabrera hit .270/.338/.423 last season with 16 homers, 68 RBI and nine stolen bases.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez gets into a groove, Basabe impresses
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Dayan Diaz and Edwin Escobar (UPDATED)
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Garin Cecchini and Yoan Aybar
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Kevin McAvoy and Bryce Brentz
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Travis leads way as Scottsdale wins AFL title
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Travis Lakins and Jalen Beeks
- Light, Jerez, and Hernandez added to 40-man roster
- Light, Hernandez top list of potential Friday roster additions
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Christopher Acosta and Ben Taylor
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Austin Glorius and Jordan Procyshen