Source: No-trade wouldn’t impact Red Sox’ chances of landing Asdrubal Cabrera
|12.03.12 at 2:21 pm ET|
NASHVILLE, Tenn. — A source confirmed to WEEI.com Monday that the Red Sox are one of six teams on Asdrubal Cabrera‘s no-trade list. However, the source indicated the clause would not be an impediment to any deal and that shortstop would be open to a trade.
Cabrera’s limited no-trade clause simply represents a form of leverage in the event that a deal involving the 27-year-old were to be struck. The list consists of the Sox, Yankees, Tigers, Nationals, Giants and Mets.
An All-Star in each of the last two seasons, the switch-hitting Cabrera hit .270/.338/.423 last season with 16 homers, 68 RBI and nine stolen bases.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Rijo powers Salem, Lowell's hopes dashed in heartbreaking loss
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi walk-off bomb keeps Drive in hunt
- Updated: Espinoza to Greenville, Allen to Lowell highlight GCL promotions
- Scouting Scratch: Javier Guerra, Michael Chavis, Nick Longhi
- Cup of Coffee: GCL Red Sox capture second straight league title
- Notes from the Field: Spruill, Marrero, Hernandez in Allentown
- Cup of Coffee: Reign delay for the GCL Red Sox
- Sam Travis highlights six announced for Arizona Fall League
- Moncada's big year nets him multiple South Atlantic League honors
- Cup of Coffee: Perez leads GCL Sox to walk-off win in finals opener