Hot Stove: Mariners discuss multi-year extension with Felix Hernandez
|12.04.12 at 10:52 am ET|
CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman tweeted Tuesday that the Mariners have discussed a multi-year deal with starting pitcher Felix Hernandez, with the team’s aim to make him a “Mariner for life.” Heyman notes that talks are still “very preliminary.”
Hernandez, 26, has two years remaining on his five-year, $78 million deal. Last season, Hernandez posted a 3.06 ERA and 223 strikeouts in 232 innings, marking his fifth consecutive season with 200 or more innings pitched.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Updating the scouting reports - stage two complete
- Fort Report: Moncada Madness
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster