Hot Stove: Mariners discuss multi-year extension with Felix Hernandez
|12.04.12 at 10:52 am ET|
CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman tweeted Tuesday that the Mariners have discussed a multi-year deal with starting pitcher Felix Hernandez, with the team’s aim to make him a “Mariner for life.” Heyman notes that talks are still “very preliminary.”
Hernandez, 26, has two years remaining on his five-year, $78 million deal. Last season, Hernandez posted a 3.06 ERA and 223 strikeouts in 232 innings, marking his fifth consecutive season with 200 or more innings pitched.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Trade analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo
- Red Sox deal Anthony Ranaudo to Rangers for Robbie Ross Jr.
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Perth heads to the playoffs
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings
- Red Sox acquire Danny Rosenbaum from Nationals for Dan Butler