Hot Stove: Eric Chavez to sign with Diamondbacks
|12.05.12 at 2:42 pm ET|
According to multiple reports, the Diamondbacks and infielder Eric Chavez have agreed to terms, with Jack Magruder of FoxSportsArizona.com tweeting that the contract is for one year and $3 million.
The Red Sox were believed to have interest in the soon-to-be 35-year-old, who hit .281/.348/.496 with 16 homers and 37 RBI last season for the Yankees.
- Red Sox non-tender Ryan Kalish, Andrew Bailey
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Jesus Loya solid at the plate in Mexico
- Help Wanted: Staff Editor, Scouts
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #48: The Slow Season
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Attention shifts to Caribbean, Jerez shining in Venezuela
- Luis Ortega traded to Brewers for reliever Burke Badenhop
- Red Sox re-sign infielder Brandon Snyder
- Cecchini, Ranaudo, Brentz added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox 40-man roster additions expected
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Surprise wins title, struggles continue for Webster