Hot Stove: Mariners agree to terms with Jason Bay
|12.05.12 at 2:21 pm ET|
According to a tweet from Andy Martino of the New York Daily News, the Mariners have agreed to terms with free agent outfielder Jason Bay.
Bay played the last three seasons with the Mets before the sides agreed to terminate his contract one year early. Injuries and a lack of production plagued Bay’s time in New York, as he hit .165/.237/.199 with eight homers and 20 RBI in 70 games last season.
- Preliminary 'New Stars for Young Stars' lineup announced
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Big weeks for Acosta and Welch
- Gary DiSarcina named Baseball America Minor League Manager of the Year
- Red Sox non-tender Ryan Kalish, Andrew Bailey
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Jesus Loya solid at the plate in Mexico
- Help Wanted: Staff Editor, Scouts
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #48: The Slow Season
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Attention shifts to Caribbean, Jerez shining in Venezuela
- Luis Ortega traded to Brewers for reliever Burke Badenhop
- Red Sox re-sign infielder Brandon Snyder