Hot Stove: Mariners agree to terms with Jason Bay
|12.05.12 at 2:21 pm ET|
According to a tweet from Andy Martino of the New York Daily News, the Mariners have agreed to terms with free agent outfielder Jason Bay.
Bay played the last three seasons with the Mets before the sides agreed to terminate his contract one year early. Injuries and a lack of production plagued Bay’s time in New York, as he hit .165/.237/.199 with eight homers and 20 RBI in 70 games last season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Weekly Notes: Trade deadline approaches
- Cup of Coffee: Light continues to shine, Portland mounts a comeback
- Red Sox acquire two pitching prospects in Peavy trade
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket pushes streak to 11 games
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson strikes out 12 in win, Betts leads PawSox in route
- The Write-Up: Henry Owens
- Cup of Coffee: Owens falters in Futures rematch; Shaw leads PawSox
- Cup of Coffee: Martinez, Heller, Weems lead Salem bats in win
- Cup of Coffee: Light shines bright for Salem
- Players of the Week, 7/14-20: Michael Almanzar & Trey Ball