Hot Stove: Rangers rumored to be hot on trail of Justin Upton
|12.05.12 at 12:51 pm ET|
There are reports that the Rangers are involved in multi-team discussions in their attempt to acquire Upton. One such scenario — reported by Fox Sports’ Ken Rosenthal — is said to involve Indians shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera, Rays right-hander James Shields and Rangers prospects.
Upton, 25, has spent six seasons in Arizona, hitting .278/.357/.475 with 108 home runs, 363 RBIs and 80 stolen bases in 731 carer games. In 2012 he hit .280/.355/.430 with 17 homers, 67 RBIs and 18 steals in 150 games.
Upton is a two-time All-Star (2009, 2011). He finished fourth in National League MVP voting in 2011 after hitting .289/.369/.529 with 31 homers, 88 RBIs and 21 steals in 159 games.
He has three years and $38 million remaining on his contract.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Betts Has Real Chance of Crashing AL MVP Party
- MLB Betting Preview: Red Sox vs. Orioles Odds, Analysis
- David Ortiz Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Foot
- Can Benintendi Be Pennant Race Difference-Maker?
- Updates on Red Sox Star Hanley Ramirez's Injury
- Andrew Benintendi Recalled from Double-a
- Fernando Abad to Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: Groome impresses while Johnson falters
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects five hits, Chatham belts two homers
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon comes up clutch, Dalbec stays hot for Lowell
- Scouting Scratch: Mike Shawaryn and Shaun Anderson
- Cup of Coffee: LaMarre powers Pawtucket, Kopech whiffs 10
- After draft slide, Shawaryn regaining peak form in Lowell
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada shows off power and defense as he eyes the big leagues
- 2014 First-rounder Michael Chavis promoted to High A Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Jason Groome era begins with two scoreless innings
- Weekly Notes: Groome debuts, Kopech and Dalbec stay hot