Hot Stove: Rangers rumored to be hot on trail of Justin Upton
|12.05.12 at 12:51 pm ET|
There are reports that the Rangers are involved in multi-team discussions in their attempt to acquire Upton. One such scenario — reported by Fox Sports’ Ken Rosenthal — is said to involve Indians shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera, Rays right-hander James Shields and Rangers prospects.
Upton, 25, has spent six seasons in Arizona, hitting .278/.357/.475 with 108 home runs, 363 RBIs and 80 stolen bases in 731 carer games. In 2012 he hit .280/.355/.430 with 17 homers, 67 RBIs and 18 steals in 150 games.
Upton is a two-time All-Star (2009, 2011). He finished fourth in National League MVP voting in 2011 after hitting .289/.369/.529 with 31 homers, 88 RBIs and 21 steals in 159 games.
He has three years and $38 million remaining on his contract.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players
- Podcast Ep. #112: If He Dies, He Dies