Hot Stove: Rangers rumored to be hot on trail of Justin Upton
|12.05.12 at 12:51 pm ET|
There are reports that the Rangers are involved in multi-team discussions in their attempt to acquire Upton. One such scenario — reported by Fox Sports’ Ken Rosenthal — is said to involve Indians shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera, Rays right-hander James Shields and Rangers prospects.
Upton, 25, has spent six seasons in Arizona, hitting .278/.357/.475 with 108 home runs, 363 RBIs and 80 stolen bases in 731 carer games. In 2012 he hit .280/.355/.430 with 17 homers, 67 RBIs and 18 steals in 150 games.
Upton is a two-time All-Star (2009, 2011). He finished fourth in National League MVP voting in 2011 after hitting .289/.369/.529 with 31 homers, 88 RBIs and 21 steals in 159 games.
He has three years and $38 million remaining on his contract.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- MLB Reportedly 'Looking Into' Ortiz's Comments for Tampering
- Red Sox Pay Heavy, but Necessary Price to Go for It with Pomeranz
- Moncada Primed to Make Phenom-Loaded Red Sox Even Richer
- Craig Kimbrel Injury Updates on Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Latest on Brad Ziegler to Red Sox
- Brewers Trade INF Aaron Hill to Red Sox
- Bradley, Betts, and Bogaerts Give MLB a New-Age 'Killer B's'
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts in left, Basabe stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Boyd spins gem, Hill stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Mendoza leads DSL 1 in lone affiliate victory
- Scouting Scratch: Tate Matheny and Kyri Washington
- Cup of Coffee: Kent dominates, Devers scores game-winner
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada homers twice, Kopech strikes out nine
- Podcast Ep. #102: Groome signs, Dave deals, podcast delivered
- Weekly Notes: Groome signs, Espinoza traded, Marrero is All-Star MVP
- Cup of Coffee: Salem walks off, Hill rakes in Lowell loss
- Cup of Coffee: Basabe reaches base four times for Greenville