Terry Francona to receive Boston BBWAA’s Emil Fuchs Award
|12.07.12 at 2:24 pm ET|
The Boston chapter of the Baseball Writers Association of America announced Friday that former Red Sox manager Terry Francona will be the 2013 recipient of the Judge Emil Fuchs Award for long and meritorious service to baseball.
The award is presented annually in honor of Fuchs, the former owner of the Boston Braves. Past recipients include Ernie Banks, Bob Gibson, Warren Spahn, Marvin Miller, Bud Selig, Jim Rice, Carl Yastrzemski and Dennis Eckersley.
Francona, recently hired to manage the Indians, will receive the award in person at the chapter’s 74th annual dinner on Jan. 24 at the Westin Copley Hotel in downtown Boston. For ticket information about the dinner, check the The Sports Museum website at www.sportsmuseum.org.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Chris Sale Says Cutting White Sox Jerseys with Knife Was Mistake
- Boston Red Sox: Non-Roster Invitees with Best Shot to Make 25-Man Roster
- Red Sox Broadcaster Jerry Remy Diagnosed with Lung Cancer Relapse
- What Chris Sale Can Learn from David Price's Letdown Red Sox Debut Season
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Key Questions That Need Answering in Spring Training
- Boston Red Sox: 4 Last-Minute Moves They Should Consider
- David Ortiz's No. 34 to Be Retired by Red Sox: Details and Reaction
- Fall/Winter Roundup: Castillo and Puerto Rico capture Caribbean Series title
- Former top 20 prospect Acosta returns to camp with Red Sox in DR
- January Notes: Devers invited to camp; Benintendi gets press
- Fall/Winter Roundup: Castillo leads Caguas to PR championship
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez impress in PR finals
- Scouting Report Update: Groome, Shawaryn lead first Lowell updates
- Scouting Report Updates: GCL updates from Fall Instructs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez meet in PR finals
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Leon debuts, Elias strikes out seven
- SoxProspects.com's Top Posts of 2016