Terry Francona to receive Boston BBWAA’s Emil Fuchs Award
|12.07.12 at 2:24 pm ET|
The Boston chapter of the Baseball Writers Association of America announced Friday that former Red Sox manager Terry Francona will be the 2013 recipient of the Judge Emil Fuchs Award for long and meritorious service to baseball.
The award is presented annually in honor of Fuchs, the former owner of the Boston Braves. Past recipients include Ernie Banks, Bob Gibson, Warren Spahn, Marvin Miller, Bud Selig, Jim Rice, Carl Yastrzemski and Dennis Eckersley.
Francona, recently hired to manage the Indians, will receive the award in person at the chapter’s 74th annual dinner on Jan. 24 at the Westin Copley Hotel in downtown Boston. For ticket information about the dinner, check the The Sports Museum website at www.sportsmuseum.org.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday
- Kukuk arrested, charged with aggravated robbery
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Allen Webster
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Brandon Workman
- Alex Hassan claimed off waivers by Oakland
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: AFL winds down, Vazquez makes debut
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Jackie Bradley, Jr.
- Red Sox name Mike Rikard Director of Amateur Scouting
- Top 40 in Review: Blake Swihart