Terry Francona to receive Boston BBWAA’s Emil Fuchs Award
|12.07.12 at 2:24 pm ET|
The Boston chapter of the Baseball Writers Association of America announced Friday that former Red Sox manager Terry Francona will be the 2013 recipient of the Judge Emil Fuchs Award for long and meritorious service to baseball.
The award is presented annually in honor of Fuchs, the former owner of the Boston Braves. Past recipients include Ernie Banks, Bob Gibson, Warren Spahn, Marvin Miller, Bud Selig, Jim Rice, Carl Yastrzemski and Dennis Eckersley.
Francona, recently hired to manage the Indians, will receive the award in person at the chapter’s 74th annual dinner on Jan. 24 at the Westin Copley Hotel in downtown Boston. For ticket information about the dinner, check the The Sports Museum website at www.sportsmuseum.org.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- 2015 Spring Training Reports
- Dubon taking journey from Honduras to the majors one stop at a time
- The Write-Up: Clay Buchholz
- Fort Report: Cuts, injuries and positional battles
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 1: Catchers
- With new delivery honed, Haley looks to build on breakout season
- Scouting Scratch: Yoan Moncada
- Owens reassigned to minors in latest roster cuts; Boggs released
- The Write-Up: More reports from Fort Myers
- Karsten Whitson close to his old self in Red Sox system