Terry Francona to receive Boston BBWAA’s Emil Fuchs Award
|12.07.12 at 2:24 pm ET|
The Boston chapter of the Baseball Writers Association of America announced Friday that former Red Sox manager Terry Francona will be the 2013 recipient of the Judge Emil Fuchs Award for long and meritorious service to baseball.
The award is presented annually in honor of Fuchs, the former owner of the Boston Braves. Past recipients include Ernie Banks, Bob Gibson, Warren Spahn, Marvin Miller, Bud Selig, Jim Rice, Carl Yastrzemski and Dennis Eckersley.
Francona, recently hired to manage the Indians, will receive the award in person at the chapter’s 74th annual dinner on Jan. 24 at the Westin Copley Hotel in downtown Boston. For ticket information about the dinner, check the The Sports Museum website at www.sportsmuseum.org.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Scouting Scratch: Luis Ysla, Victor Diaz and Gerson Bautista
- Weekly Notes: Big league season comes to an end
- The Write-Up: Logan Allen, Travis Lakins, William Cuevas and Yankory Pimentel
- Weekly Notes: Season end awards & front office changes
- SoxProspects.com 2015 season-end award winners
- Travis, Moncada highlight Red Sox minor league awards
- Podcast Ep. 86: Season in Review, Pt. 1
- Weekly Notes: Moncada to play winter ball in Puerto Rico
- 2015 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Weekly Notes: Front office moves, Fall Instructs rosters announced