Terry Francona to receive Boston BBWAA’s Emil Fuchs Award
|12.07.12 at 2:24 pm ET|
The Boston chapter of the Baseball Writers Association of America announced Friday that former Red Sox manager Terry Francona will be the 2013 recipient of the Judge Emil Fuchs Award for long and meritorious service to baseball.
The award is presented annually in honor of Fuchs, the former owner of the Boston Braves. Past recipients include Ernie Banks, Bob Gibson, Warren Spahn, Marvin Miller, Bud Selig, Jim Rice, Carl Yastrzemski and Dennis Eckersley.
Francona, recently hired to manage the Indians, will receive the award in person at the chapter’s 74th annual dinner on Jan. 24 at the Westin Copley Hotel in downtown Boston. For ticket information about the dinner, check the The Sports Museum website at www.sportsmuseum.org.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo
- Red Sox deal Anthony Ranaudo to Rangers for Robbie Ross Jr.
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Perth heads to the playoffs
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings
- Red Sox acquire Danny Rosenbaum from Nationals for Dan Butler