Hot Stove: Agent confirms Anibal Sanchez will return to Tigers for 5 years, $80M
|12.14.12 at 10:56 am ET|
Right-handed pitcher Anibal Sanchez reached agreement to return to the Tigers on a five-year, $80 million contract, his agent told ESPN on Friday morning. Agent Gene Mato confirmed that the free agent will stay in Detroit, following reports a day earlier that Sanchez had a deal with the Cubs for six years and $147 million.
Sanchez, a former Red Sox minor leaguer who was traded by Boston to the Marlins in 2005 along with Hanley Ramirez for Josh Beckett and Mike Lowell, was shipped from Miami to Detroit shortly before the trade deadline this past July.
In Detroit, Sanchez went 4-6 with a 3.74 ERA and 57 strikeouts against 15 walks in 74 2/3 innings. In seven major league seasons, Sanchez has a 48-51 record with a 3.74 ERA and 733 strikeouts vs. 320 walks in 869 innings.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Garin Cecchini and Yoan Aybar
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Kevin McAvoy and Bryce Brentz
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Travis leads way as Scottsdale wins AFL title
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Travis Lakins and Jalen Beeks
- Light, Jerez, and Hernandez added to 40-man roster
- Light, Hernandez top list of potential Friday roster additions
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Christopher Acosta and Ben Taylor
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Austin Glorius and Jordan Procyshen
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Travis blasts walk-off home run
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Chandler Shepherd and Kyle Martin