Hot Stove: Agent confirms Anibal Sanchez will return to Tigers for 5 years, $80M
|12.14.12 at 10:56 am ET|
Right-handed pitcher Anibal Sanchez reached agreement to return to the Tigers on a five-year, $80 million contract, his agent told ESPN on Friday morning. Agent Gene Mato confirmed that the free agent will stay in Detroit, following reports a day earlier that Sanchez had a deal with the Cubs for six years and $147 million.
Sanchez, a former Red Sox minor leaguer who was traded by Boston to the Marlins in 2005 along with Hanley Ramirez for Josh Beckett and Mike Lowell, was shipped from Miami to Detroit shortly before the trade deadline this past July.
In Detroit, Sanchez went 4-6 with a 3.74 ERA and 57 strikeouts against 15 walks in 74 2/3 innings. In seven major league seasons, Sanchez has a 48-51 record with a 3.74 ERA and 733 strikeouts vs. 320 walks in 869 innings.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Top 40 in Review: Heath Hembree and Steven Wright
- Top 40 Season in Review: Javier Guerra and Henry Ramos
- Help Wanted: Writers
- Top 40 in Review: Simon Mercedes and Carlos Asuaje
- Top 40 Season in Review: Anderson Espinoza and Alex Hassan
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Rivero, Castillo make early impressions
- Top 40 Season in Review: Noe Ramirez and Luis Diaz
- Top 40 Season in Review: Bryce Brentz and Christopher Acosta
- Top 40 Season in Review: Justin Haley and Jake Cosart
- Top 40 Season in Review: Drake Britton and Dalier Hinojosa