Hot Stove: A.J. Pierzynski set to leave White Sox for Rangers
|12.21.12 at 9:22 am ET|
Veteran catcher A.J. Pierzynski reportedly has a one-year deal with the Rangers, pending a physical. Pierzynski, who turns 36 on Dec. 30, hit .278/.326/.501 with 27 home runs and 77 RBIs in 135 games last season.
In 15 big league seasons with the Twins (1998-2003), Giants (2004) and White Sox (2005-12), Pierzynski has hit .284/.324/.429 with 155 home runs and 730 RBIs. He’s a two-time All-Star (2002, ’06) and he won a Silver Slugger in 2012.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Help Wanted: Database Coordinator
- January Notes: Red Sox extend contract with Greenville
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Champions crowned as play concludes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Championship series underway
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Blake Swihart
- Help Wanted: Writers, Editors
- Red Sox bring back Dan Butler on minor league deal
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Eduardo Rodriguez
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramos and Castillo combine for 16 hits
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Henry Owens