Xander Bogaerts among 11 in Sox rookie program
|01.06.13 at 8:58 pm ET|
The Red Sox rookie development program, after a one-year hiatus prior to the 2012 season, is slated to take place over the next week, from Monday, Jan. 7, through Sunday, Jan. 13. The program, which is intended to acclimate players viewed as likely to impact the major league club in the next 12 to 18 months, will feature 11 players this winter, including the consensus top prospects in the system, shortstop Xander Bogaerts and center fielder Jackie Bradley Jr., both of whom concluded the 2012 season in Double-A.
The complete list of prospects:
Xander Bogaerts, SS
Jackie Bradley Jr., CF
Bryce Brentz, RF
Drake Britton, LHP
Dan Butler, C
Rubby De La Rosa, RHP
Alex Hassan, OF
Brock Holt, 2B/SS
Christian Vazquez, C
Allen Webster, RHP
Stephen Wright, RHP
For complete Red Sox coverage, visit weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Chatham using size to his advantage at shortstop
- Fort Report: Another round of cuts as Opening Day nears
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts