Xander Bogaerts among 11 in Sox rookie program
|01.06.13 at 8:58 pm ET|
The Red Sox rookie development program, after a one-year hiatus prior to the 2012 season, is slated to take place over the next week, from Monday, Jan. 7, through Sunday, Jan. 13. The program, which is intended to acclimate players viewed as likely to impact the major league club in the next 12 to 18 months, will feature 11 players this winter, including the consensus top prospects in the system, shortstop Xander Bogaerts and center fielder Jackie Bradley Jr., both of whom concluded the 2012 season in Double-A.
The complete list of prospects:
Xander Bogaerts, SS
Jackie Bradley Jr., CF
Bryce Brentz, RF
Drake Britton, LHP
Dan Butler, C
Rubby De La Rosa, RHP
Alex Hassan, OF
Brock Holt, 2B/SS
Christian Vazquez, C
Allen Webster, RHP
Stephen Wright, RHP
For complete Red Sox coverage, visit weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- 2016 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Moncada and Benintendi named to Futures Game
- Cup of Coffee: Wilkerson strikes out eight to make his case
- Podcast Ep. #100: Your regularly scheduled June programming
- Red Sox promote Miller, option Cuevas
- Weekly Notes: Promotions continue and scouting notes
- Cup of Coffee: Ball great again, Benintendi stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, O'Sullivan impress on the mound
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Sam Travis
- Cup of Coffee: GCL opens season, Washington, Moncada mash