Bobby Valentine to host own radio show
|01.07.13 at 6:47 am ET|
The report states that Valentine will call in weekly to NBC Sports affiliated stations over the next two months before co-hosting his own daily sports talk show starting in April.
“I think in my years here on earth, I have let people know I have an opinion about pretty much everything,” Valentine told SI.com. “I think I will remain true to that.”
The former Sox’ skipper added, “I don’t know that you have to be negatively biased to inform people of what is going on, or to keep them listening. I think you have to be true. If I have a fault, it’s that I tell the truth. You can’t dictate to the customer what they want and I think a good host feels his audience and understands what they want and need and tries to provide it.”
Valentine was a weekly guest on WEEI’s The Big Show throughout the 2012 season.
The report states that NBC first approached Valentine about the radio show after conducting an interview with Bob Costas shortly after the final game of the ’12 regular season.
For more Red Sox news, go to the team page at weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Notes from the Field: Jason Groome debuts on Day Four
- Chatham using size to his advantage at shortstop
- Fort Report: Another round of cuts as Opening Day nears
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two