Bobby Valentine to host own radio show
|01.07.13 at 6:47 am ET|
The report states that Valentine will call in weekly to NBC Sports affiliated stations over the next two months before co-hosting his own daily sports talk show starting in April.
“I think in my years here on earth, I have let people know I have an opinion about pretty much everything,” Valentine told SI.com. “I think I will remain true to that.”
The former Sox’ skipper added, “I don’t know that you have to be negatively biased to inform people of what is going on, or to keep them listening. I think you have to be true. If I have a fault, it’s that I tell the truth. You can’t dictate to the customer what they want and I think a good host feels his audience and understands what they want and need and tries to provide it.”
Valentine was a weekly guest on WEEI’s The Big Show throughout the 2012 season.
The report states that NBC first approached Valentine about the radio show after conducting an interview with Bob Costas shortly after the final game of the ’12 regular season.
For more Red Sox news, go to the team page at weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Help Wanted: Writers
- Top 40 in Review: Heath Hembree and Steven Wright
- Top 40 Season in Review: Javier Guerra and Henry Ramos
- Top 40 in Review: Simon Mercedes and Carlos Asuaje
- Top 40 Season in Review: Anderson Espinoza and Alex Hassan
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Rivero, Castillo make early impressions
- Top 40 Season in Review: Noe Ramirez and Luis Diaz
- Top 40 Season in Review: Bryce Brentz and Christopher Acosta
- Top 40 Season in Review: Justin Haley and Jake Cosart
- Top 40 Season in Review: Drake Britton and Dalier Hinojosa