Bobby Valentine to host own radio show
|01.07.13 at 6:47 am ET|
The report states that Valentine will call in weekly to NBC Sports affiliated stations over the next two months before co-hosting his own daily sports talk show starting in April.
“I think in my years here on earth, I have let people know I have an opinion about pretty much everything,” Valentine told SI.com. “I think I will remain true to that.”
The former Sox’ skipper added, “I don’t know that you have to be negatively biased to inform people of what is going on, or to keep them listening. I think you have to be true. If I have a fault, it’s that I tell the truth. You can’t dictate to the customer what they want and I think a good host feels his audience and understands what they want and need and tries to provide it.”
Valentine was a weekly guest on WEEI’s The Big Show throughout the 2012 season.
The report states that NBC first approached Valentine about the radio show after conducting an interview with Bob Costas shortly after the final game of the ’12 regular season.
For more Red Sox news, go to the team page at weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Aaron Kurcz dealt to Atlanta for Anthony Varvaro
- Offseason Notes: Trades, signings, and awards
- Marco Hernandez received from Cubs to complete Doubront trade
- Podcast Ep. 69: Hot Stove on High
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo/Vazquez headline action in Puerto Rico
- Trade analysis: Scouting the players in the Wade Miley deal
- Sox acquire Zeke Spruill for Myles Smith in second D-Backs trade
- Justin Masterson: An unlikely All-Star reunites with the Red Sox
- Trade analysis: Scouting the prospects dealt for Porcello
- Astros select Jason Garcia in Rule 5 draft, trade him to Orioles