Schilling does not expect HOF election
|01.09.13 at 2:41 am ET|
Former Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling, eligible for the Hall of Fame for the first time this year, on Wednesday indicated he does not expect to be elected, and he offered his thoughts on which players should be chosen. Results of the balloting will be announced Wednesday afternoon.
Tweeted Schilling: Being honest, anything over 35% would be stunning. This ballot should be [Dale] Murphy, [Tim] Raines, [Jeff] Bagwell, [Craig] Biggo imo.
Schilling posted a 216-146 record with a 3.46 ERA and 3,116 strikeouts in 20 big league seasons with the Orioles, Astros, Phillies, Diamondbacks and Red Sox. He was known for coming up big in the postseason, going 11-2 with a 2.23 ERA in 19 games, including a 4-1 mark with a 2.06 ERA in four World Series games. He famously won Game 6 of the 2004 ALCS against the Yankees in the “bloody sock” game en route to helping the Sox win their first title since 1918.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- MLB Reportedly 'Looking Into' Ortiz's Comments for Tampering
- Red Sox Pay Heavy, but Necessary Price to Go for It with Pomeranz
- Moncada Primed to Make Phenom-Loaded Red Sox Even Richer
- Craig Kimbrel Injury Updates on Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Latest on Brad Ziegler to Red Sox
- Brewers Trade INF Aaron Hill to Red Sox
- Bradley, Betts, and Bogaerts Give MLB a New-Age 'Killer B's'
- Cup of Coffee: Chris Marrero, pitching help PawSox clip Red Wings
- Cup of Coffee: Sermo homers three times; Basabe keeps streaking
- Scouting Scratch: Luis Alexander Basabe and Michael Chavis
- Cup of Coffee: Procyshen homers, Benintendi triples in victories
- Podcast Ep. #103: Yes Devers loves me, the homers tell me so
- Weekly notes: Benintendi moves to left field
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects four hits, Kemp blasts two homers
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero and Devers homer, Dalbec debuts
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts in left, Basabe stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Boyd spins gem, Hill stays hot