|Report: Mike Napoli situation should be resolved by next week||01.16.13 at 1:54 pm ET|
According to a report from CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman, the Mike Napoli situation should be resolved by next week at the latest, as the Red Sox and the free agent continue to make progress.
The sides reportedly agreed to a three-year, $39 million deal seven weeks ago, before an issue arose following Napoli’s physical — apparently his hip, although it’s not expected to prevent Napoli from being ready on Opening Day.
Napoli is said to have been in touch with a couple of other American League teams, but the Red Sox appear to be the favorite — assuming the sides continue to move toward an agreement.
- Players of the Week, June 10-16: Keury De La Cruz and Anthony Ranaudo
- Red Sox reportedly sign 12th-rounder Jake Drehoff
- Wendelken added to South Atlantic League All-Stars
- Red Sox reportedly sign Bryan Hudson, Jantzen Witte
- Cup of Coffee: Spinners open season with 15-strikeout gem
- SoxProspects Video of the Week: A-Ball hitters
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #39.1: Mellen's Excellent Adventure
- 2013 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Cup of Coffee: Wright's bounce-back start lifts Pawtucket
- Cup of Coffee: Swihart, Cecchini once again lead Salem