Report: Mike Napoli situation should be resolved by next week
|01.16.13 at 1:54 pm ET|
The sides reportedly agreed to a three-year, $39 million deal seven weeks ago, before an issue arose following Napoli’s physical — apparently his hip, although it’s not expected to prevent Napoli from being ready on Opening Day.
Napoli is said to have been in touch with a couple of other American League teams, but the Red Sox appear to be the favorite — assuming the sides continue to move toward an agreement.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Updating the scouting reports - stage two complete
- Fort Report: Moncada Madness
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster