Source: Jacoby Ellsbury avoids arbitration with 1-year deal
|01.18.13 at 1:29 pm ET|
Ellsbury was paid $8,050,000 last year after becoming eligible for arbitration for the second time. It was a significant bump in salary from the 2.4 million he made in 2011, due to his breakout 2011 season. He is headed for free agency after this season.
Following his memorable 2011 season in which he finished as runner-up in American League MVP voting, Ellsbury suffered through an injury-plagued season in 2012, playing just 74 games. He hit .271/.313/.370 with four home runs and 26 RBIs.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez impress in PR finals
- Scouting Report Update: Groome, Shawaryn lead first Lowell updates
- Scouting Report Updates: GCL updates from Fall Instructs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez meet in PR finals
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Leon debuts, Elias strikes out seven
- SoxProspects.com's Top Posts of 2016
- December Notes: Sox deal key prospects for Sale, Thornburg
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Rodriguez tweaks knee, Castillo rakes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramirez debuts, Vazquez homers
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Abad debuts, Hernandez goes deep again