Terry Francona joins The Big Show Wednesday at 5 p.m.
|01.23.13 at 8:21 am ET|
Former Red Sox manager Terry Francona, whose new book offers a revealing look at his relationship with Sox ownership, is scheduled to appear on The Big Show on Tuesday at 5 p.m.
Francona, recently hired to manage of the Indians after one year as an ESPN analyst, left the Sox following the collapse of September 2011. In “Francona, The Red Sox Years,” he discusses his often-tumultuous eight-year relationship with players and executives in Boston. Francona accuses the ownership group of caring more about public relations and TV ratings than baseball success. He also explains his difficulties in dealing with mercurial personalities such as Manny Ramirez.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- 2014 Fall Instructional League rosters and schedule
- Cup of Coffee: PawSox fall late in Gildan Championship Game
- The Write-Up: Rusney Castillo
- Cup of Coffee: Couch leads PawSox to Series win
- Cup of Coffee: Owens struggles, pushing PawSox to the brink
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket drops game two in extras
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket takes game one of Governor's Cup
- Rusney Castillo flashes exciting potential in Triple-A debut
- Barnes promoted to Boston
- The Write-Up: Matt Barnes