Terry Francona joins The Big Show Wednesday at 5 p.m.
|01.23.13 at 8:21 am ET|
Former Red Sox manager Terry Francona, whose new book offers a revealing look at his relationship with Sox ownership, is scheduled to appear on The Big Show on Tuesday at 5 p.m.
Francona, recently hired to manage of the Indians after one year as an ESPN analyst, left the Sox following the collapse of September 2011. In “Francona, The Red Sox Years,” he discusses his often-tumultuous eight-year relationship with players and executives in Boston. Francona accuses the ownership group of caring more about public relations and TV ratings than baseball success. He also explains his difficulties in dealing with mercurial personalities such as Manny Ramirez.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Help Wanted: Database Coordinator
- January Notes: Red Sox extend contract with Greenville
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Champions crowned as play concludes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Championship series underway
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Blake Swihart
- Help Wanted: Writers, Editors
- Red Sox bring back Dan Butler on minor league deal
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Eduardo Rodriguez
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramos and Castillo combine for 16 hits
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Henry Owens