Ryan Kalish undergoes labrum surgery
|01.30.13 at 3:50 pm ET|
The Red Sox announced that outfielder Ryan Kalish underwent successful arthroscopic surgery on his right shoulder with a repair of the posterior labrum in his right (non-throwing) shoulder on Tuesday. The 24-year-old is expected to miss all of spring training and multiple months of the big league season.
A year ago, after he underwent surgery to repair the labrum on his left (throwing) shoulder in early December, Kalish played his first game for a minor league affiliate at the end of May. This year, with his surgery coming nearly two months later, the Sox expect that his 2013 campaign will start even later, even as the fact that the surgery was done on his non-throwing shoulder suggests that the rehab might not require quite as much time.
The surgery was performed by Dr. Lewis Yocum.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Travis leads way as Scottsdale wins AFL title
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Travis Lakins and Jalen Beeks
- Light, Jerez, and Hernandez added to 40-man roster
- Light, Hernandez top list of potential Friday roster additions
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Christopher Acosta and Ben Taylor
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Austin Glorius and Jordan Procyshen
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Travis blasts walk-off home run
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Chandler Shepherd and Kyle Martin
- Podcast Ep. 88: Breaking down the Kimbrel trade
- Trade Analysis: Scouting the prospects dealt for Kimbrel