Ryan Kalish undergoes labrum surgery
|01.30.13 at 3:50 pm ET|
The Red Sox announced that outfielder Ryan Kalish underwent successful arthroscopic surgery on his right shoulder with a repair of the posterior labrum in his right (non-throwing) shoulder on Tuesday. The 24-year-old is expected to miss all of spring training and multiple months of the big league season.
A year ago, after he underwent surgery to repair the labrum on his left (throwing) shoulder in early December, Kalish played his first game for a minor league affiliate at the end of May. This year, with his surgery coming nearly two months later, the Sox expect that his 2013 campaign will start even later, even as the fact that the surgery was done on his non-throwing shoulder suggests that the rehab might not require quite as much time.
The surgery was performed by Dr. Lewis Yocum.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Top 40 in Review: Heath Hembree and Steven Wright
- Top 40 Season in Review: Javier Guerra and Henry Ramos
- Help Wanted: Writers
- Top 40 in Review: Simon Mercedes and Carlos Asuaje
- Top 40 Season in Review: Anderson Espinoza and Alex Hassan
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Rivero, Castillo make early impressions
- Top 40 Season in Review: Noe Ramirez and Luis Diaz
- Top 40 Season in Review: Bryce Brentz and Christopher Acosta
- Top 40 Season in Review: Justin Haley and Jake Cosart
- Top 40 Season in Review: Drake Britton and Dalier Hinojosa