Ryan Kalish undergoes labrum surgery
|01.30.13 at 3:50 pm ET|
The Red Sox announced that outfielder Ryan Kalish underwent successful arthroscopic surgery on his right shoulder with a repair of the posterior labrum in his right (non-throwing) shoulder on Tuesday. The 24-year-old is expected to miss all of spring training and multiple months of the big league season.
A year ago, after he underwent surgery to repair the labrum on his left (throwing) shoulder in early December, Kalish played his first game for a minor league affiliate at the end of May. This year, with his surgery coming nearly two months later, the Sox expect that his 2013 campaign will start even later, even as the fact that the surgery was done on his non-throwing shoulder suggests that the rehab might not require quite as much time.
The surgery was performed by Dr. Lewis Yocum.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez meet in PR finals
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Leon debuts, Elias strikes out seven
- SoxProspects.com's Top Posts of 2016
- December Notes: Sox deal key prospects for Sale, Thornburg
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Rodriguez tweaks knee, Castillo rakes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramirez debuts, Vazquez homers
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Abad debuts, Hernandez goes deep again
- Scouting Updates: Mata leads group of DSL player page updates
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Eduardo Rodriguez debuts in Venezuela
- Trade Analysis: Scouting the prospects dealt for Tyler Thornburg