Jacoby Ellsbury, Dustin Pedroia land safely after plane hit by lightning
|02.10.13 at 8:11 pm ET|
According to Red Sox center fielder Jacoby Ellsbury (via twitter), the plane that he and teammate Dustin Pedroia were flying on from Arizona to join the Red Sox at spring training was struck by lightning. Ellsbury, who tweeted about the incident just before 5 p.m. EST, seemed to have a positive disposition about the incident.
Our plane just got struck by lightning heading to Ft. Myers! #itsgoodluck
— Jacoby Ellsbury (@JacobyEllsbury) February 10, 2013
Pedroia and Ellsbury have both now landed in Fort Myers unharmed, according to a team official.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Notes from the Field: Jason Groome debuts on Day Four
- Chatham using size to his advantage at shortstop
- Fort Report: Another round of cuts as Opening Day nears
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two