|John Henry is hands-on with David Ortiz||02.13.13 at 4:55 pm ET|
FORT MYERS, Fla. — After signing autographs for fans, Red Sox owner John Henry took time out to greet his slugger David Ortiz after batting practice Wednesday at JetBlue Park during Red Sox spring training.
Henry asked Ortiz about the strength of his right Achilles, and how it’s coming along.
“How do you feel?” Henry asked his slugger.
“I feel better, feel better,” Ortiz told his boss. “I was doing that agility drill and it felt good. I was moving around pretty good.”
Moments later, it was Ortiz’ chance to return the favor.
“How are your kids?” Ortiz asked the owner.
“They’re great,” Henry replied, before adding that his family will be joining him in Fort Myers later in the week.
Just moments earlier, it was Henry meeting and greeting the fans, even signing autographs.
- Cup of Coffee: Shaw, Haeger help Sea Dogs earn split
- Players of the Week, June 10-16: Keury De La Cruz and Anthony Ranaudo
- Red Sox reportedly sign 12th-rounder Jake Drehoff
- Wendelken added to South Atlantic League All-Stars
- Red Sox reportedly sign Bryan Hudson, Jantzen Witte
- Cup of Coffee: Spinners open season with 15-strikeout gem
- SoxProspects Video of the Week: A-Ball hitters
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #39.1: Mellen's Excellent Adventure
- 2013 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Cup of Coffee: Wright's bounce-back start lifts Pawtucket