John Henry is hands-on with David Ortiz
|02.13.13 at 4:55 pm ET|
FORT MYERS, Fla. — After signing autographs for fans, Red Sox owner John Henry took time out to greet his slugger David Ortiz after batting practice Wednesday at JetBlue Park during Red Sox spring training.
Henry asked Ortiz about the strength of his right Achilles, and how it’s coming along.
“How do you feel?” Henry asked his slugger.
“I feel better, feel better,” Ortiz told his boss. “I was doing that agility drill and it felt good. I was moving around pretty good.”
Moments later, it was Ortiz’ chance to return the favor.
“How are your kids?” Ortiz asked the owner.
“They’re great,” Henry replied, before adding that his family will be joining him in Fort Myers later in the week.
Just moments earlier, it was Henry meeting and greeting the fans, even signing autographs.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Scouting Report Updates: GCL updates from Fall Instructs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez meet in PR finals
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Leon debuts, Elias strikes out seven
- SoxProspects.com's Top Posts of 2016
- December Notes: Sox deal key prospects for Sale, Thornburg
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Rodriguez tweaks knee, Castillo rakes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramirez debuts, Vazquez homers
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Abad debuts, Hernandez goes deep again
- Scouting Updates: Mata leads group of DSL player page updates
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Eduardo Rodriguez debuts in Venezuela