John Henry is hands-on with David Ortiz
|02.13.13 at 4:55 pm ET|
FORT MYERS, Fla. — After signing autographs for fans, Red Sox owner John Henry took time out to greet his slugger David Ortiz after batting practice Wednesday at JetBlue Park during Red Sox spring training.
Henry asked Ortiz about the strength of his right Achilles, and how it’s coming along.
“How do you feel?” Henry asked his slugger.
“I feel better, feel better,” Ortiz told his boss. “I was doing that agility drill and it felt good. I was moving around pretty good.”
Moments later, it was Ortiz’ chance to return the favor.
“How are your kids?” Ortiz asked the owner.
“They’re great,” Henry replied, before adding that his family will be joining him in Fort Myers later in the week.
Just moments earlier, it was Henry meeting and greeting the fans, even signing autographs.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Write-Up: Rusney Castillo
- Cup of Coffee: Couch leads PawSox to Series win
- Cup of Coffee: Owens struggles, pushing PawSox to the brink
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket drops game two in extras
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket takes game one of Governor's Cup
- Rusney Castillo flashes exciting potential in Triple-A debut
- Barnes promoted to Boston
- The Write-Up: Matt Barnes
- Weekly Notes: Playoff baseball begins for affiliates, Castillo continues ascent
- Cup of Coffee: Portland's season comes to an end