Flacco coming to Boston: Red Sox trade for quarterback’s brother
|03.15.13 at 7:11 pm ET|
FORT MYERS, Fla. — The Flacco family will have a chance to make amends with Boston sports fans.
An infielder, the 26-year-old Flacco played primarily at Single-A Frederick last season, and was expected to compete for the starting first base job at Double-A Bowie in the coming season. With Frederick he hit .218 in 103 games, hitting eight home runs and finishing with a .626 OPS. In four professional seasons, the former 31st-round pick hit a combined .216 with a .613 OPS.
‘Mike had a few years with us and the Red Sox had some interest,’ Orioles executive vice president Dan Duquette told the Baltimore Sun regarding the 6-foot-6 Flacco. ‘And we thought this would be a better opportunity for him. We talk to clubs every day to see if we have a match, and on this one we had a match’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs
- Cup of Coffee: Salem's narrow loss ends season for whole system
- Podcast Ep. #105: MoncadainBoston
- Cup of Coffee: Devers helps keep Salem alive, Lowell eliminated
- Scouting Scratch: Jason Groome