Flacco coming to Boston: Red Sox trade for quarterback’s brother
|03.15.13 at 7:11 pm ET|
FORT MYERS, Fla. — The Flacco family will have a chance to make amends with Boston sports fans.
An infielder, the 26-year-old Flacco played primarily at Single-A Frederick last season, and was expected to compete for the starting first base job at Double-A Bowie in the coming season. With Frederick he hit .218 in 103 games, hitting eight home runs and finishing with a .626 OPS. In four professional seasons, the former 31st-round pick hit a combined .216 with a .613 OPS.
‘Mike had a few years with us and the Red Sox had some interest,’ Orioles executive vice president Dan Duquette told the Baltimore Sun regarding the 6-foot-6 Flacco. ‘And we thought this would be a better opportunity for him. We talk to clubs every day to see if we have a match, and on this one we had a match’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 2: Corner Infielders
- Scouting Scratch: Young Arms
- 2015 Spring Training Reports
- Dubon taking journey from Honduras to the majors one stop at a time
- The Write-Up: Clay Buchholz
- Fort Report: Cuts, injuries and positional battles
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 1: Catchers
- With new delivery honed, Haley looks to build on breakout season
- Scouting Scratch: Yoan Moncada
- Owens reassigned to minors in latest roster cuts; Boggs released