Flacco coming to Boston: Red Sox trade for quarterback’s brother
|03.15.13 at 7:11 pm ET|
FORT MYERS, Fla. — The Flacco family will have a chance to make amends with Boston sports fans.
An infielder, the 26-year-old Flacco played primarily at Single-A Frederick last season, and was expected to compete for the starting first base job at Double-A Bowie in the coming season. With Frederick he hit .218 in 103 games, hitting eight home runs and finishing with a .626 OPS. In four professional seasons, the former 31st-round pick hit a combined .216 with a .613 OPS.
‘Mike had a few years with us and the Red Sox had some interest,’ Orioles executive vice president Dan Duquette told the Baltimore Sun regarding the 6-foot-6 Flacco. ‘And we thought this would be a better opportunity for him. We talk to clubs every day to see if we have a match, and on this one we had a match’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Chatham using size to his advantage at shortstop
- Fort Report: Another round of cuts as Opening Day nears
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts