David Ortiz resumes swinging
|03.19.13 at 5:57 pm ET|
FORT MYERS, Fla. — Red Sox designated hitter David Ortiz, who had not taken part in baseball activities since March 9 while resting to calm the inflammation in his right heel, took 50 swings in the batting cage on Tuesday, according to manager John Farrell. The team will wait to see how he feels on Wednesday in order to determine the next course of action with the sidelined slugger. Still, given that an anticipated return to hitting on Monday had to be postponed due to lingering discomfort in his right heel, the fact that Ortiz felt good enough to swing in the cage represents a measure of progress for a player who has not participated in games since last August 24.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox Will Not Fill GM Position After Mike Hazen's Hiring by...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- FallWinter League Roundup: Dominican League begins, Haley solid
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins