Source: Red Sox sign Brandon Snyder
|04.02.13 at 3:41 pm ET|
NEW YORK — According to a major league source, the Red Sox have signed versatile corner man Brandon Snyder to a minor league deal. He will play for Triple-A Pawtucket.
Snyder, the No. 13 overall pick in the 2005 draft by the Orioles, has played in 56 career games with the Orioles and Rangers, hitting .276/.324/.418. Though primarily a first baseman, Snyder has played first, third, left and right field as well as catcher. The 26-year-old played a career-high 40 games last year for the Rangers, hitting .277/.309/.446 with three homers in 69 plate appearances. He was granted his release from the Rangers last week.
Snyder is cousins with Red Sox minor league pitcher Madison Younginer, who will open the season in Single-A Greenville.
News of Snyder’s agreement with the Sox was first reported by Chris Cotillo (via twitter).
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Chris Sale Says Cutting White Sox Jerseys with Knife Was Mistake
- Boston Red Sox: Non-Roster Invitees with Best Shot to Make 25-Man Roster
- Red Sox Broadcaster Jerry Remy Diagnosed with Lung Cancer Relapse
- What Chris Sale Can Learn from David Price's Letdown Red Sox Debut Season
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Key Questions That Need Answering in Spring Training
- Boston Red Sox: 4 Last-Minute Moves They Should Consider
- David Ortiz's No. 34 to Be Retired by Red Sox: Details and Reaction
- Fall/Winter Roundup: Castillo and Puerto Rico capture Caribbean Series title
- Former top 20 prospect Acosta returns to camp with Red Sox in DR
- January Notes: Devers invited to camp; Benintendi gets press
- Fall/Winter Roundup: Castillo leads Caguas to PR championship
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez impress in PR finals
- Scouting Report Update: Groome, Shawaryn lead first Lowell updates
- Scouting Report Updates: GCL updates from Fall Instructs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez meet in PR finals
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Leon debuts, Elias strikes out seven
- SoxProspects.com's Top Posts of 2016