Source: Red Sox sign Brandon Snyder
|04.02.13 at 3:41 pm ET|
NEW YORK — According to a major league source, the Red Sox have signed versatile corner man Brandon Snyder to a minor league deal. He will play for Triple-A Pawtucket.
Snyder, the No. 13 overall pick in the 2005 draft by the Orioles, has played in 56 career games with the Orioles and Rangers, hitting .276/.324/.418. Though primarily a first baseman, Snyder has played first, third, left and right field as well as catcher. The 26-year-old played a career-high 40 games last year for the Rangers, hitting .277/.309/.446 with three homers in 69 plate appearances. He was granted his release from the Rangers last week.
Snyder is cousins with Red Sox minor league pitcher Madison Younginer, who will open the season in Single-A Greenville.
News of Snyder’s agreement with the Sox was first reported by Chris Cotillo (via twitter).
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox Will Not Fill GM Position After Mike Hazen's Hiring by...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- FallWinter League Roundup: Dominican League begins, Haley solid
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins