Red Sox lineup: Daniel Nava at designated hitter, batting second
|04.03.13 at 3:30 pm ET|
Against Yankees’ right-hander Hiroki Kuroda, switch-hitting Daniel Nava will get the start at designated hitter and hit second.
Monday’s No. 2 hitter for the Red Sox, Shane Victorino has been moved to the seventh spot, in front of Jackie Bradley and Jose Iglesias. Also of note, Dustin Pedroia — who is hitting .429 lifetime against Kuroda — is in the lineup despite seemingly injuring his hand during a head-first slide Monday.
The following is the Red Sox’ lineup with Clay Buchholz on the mound for the visitors:
Daniel Nava DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Will Middlebrooks 3B
Shane Victorino RF
Jackie Bradley LF
Jose Iglesias SS
The following is the Yankees‘ lineup:
Brett Gardner CF
Vernon Wells LF
Lyle Overbay 1B
Chris Stewart C
For more Red Sox news, go to the team page at weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox Will Not Fill GM Position After Mike Hazen's Hiring by...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- FallWinter League Roundup: Dominican League begins, Haley solid
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins