Red Sox lineup: Daniel Nava at designated hitter, batting second
|04.03.13 at 3:30 pm ET|
Against Yankees’ right-hander Hiroki Kuroda, switch-hitting Daniel Nava will get the start at designated hitter and hit second.
Monday’s No. 2 hitter for the Red Sox, Shane Victorino has been moved to the seventh spot, in front of Jackie Bradley and Jose Iglesias. Also of note, Dustin Pedroia — who is hitting .429 lifetime against Kuroda — is in the lineup despite seemingly injuring his hand during a head-first slide Monday.
The following is the Red Sox’ lineup with Clay Buchholz on the mound for the visitors:
Daniel Nava DH
Mike Napoli 1B
Will Middlebrooks 3B
Shane Victorino RF
Jackie Bradley LF
Jose Iglesias SS
The following is the Yankees‘ lineup:
Brett Gardner CF
Vernon Wells LF
Lyle Overbay 1B
Chris Stewart C
For more Red Sox news, go to the team page at weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi powers Greenville to victory
- Cup of Coffee: Callahan helps move Greenville into wild card lead
- Podcast Ep. 84: Mailbag extravaganza!
- Cup of Coffee: Longhi, Watkins power Greenville playoff push
- Cup of Coffee: Drive step closer to playoffs behind Drehoff, Moncada
- Cup of Coffee: Season comes to an end for DSL Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: DSL Sox drop playoff opener; Espinoza dominates
- Weekly Notes: Greenville lineup turning heads
- Cup of Coffee: McGrath lights-out, Sea Dogs' bats back Wilkerson
- Cup of Coffee: Perez helps GCL Red Sox clinch division