Stephen Drew goes 0-for-3 in rehab game
|04.04.13 at 8:27 pm ET|
Red Sox shortstop Stephen Drew, in the first game of a minor league rehab assignment that is expected to last four games, went 0-for-3 with a groundout to second, a line out to short and a strikeout looking in three trips to the plate for the Double-A Portland Sea Dogs. Drew played in the field for five innings on Thursday, following games in which he played three and then four innings in extended spring training on Tuesday and Wednesday.
A rehab assignment for a player coming off the seven-day concussion DL can last up to five games, though the Sox have sketched out a four-game progression for Drew, so long as that proves manageable. When deemed ready to play, the Sox will activate him and insert him into the lineup as the everyday shortstop, replacing Jose Iglesias.
For more Red Sox coverage, visit weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox Will Not Fill GM Position After Mike Hazen's Hiring by...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- FallWinter League Roundup: Dominican League begins, Haley solid
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins