Stephen Drew goes 0-for-3 in rehab game
|04.04.13 at 8:27 pm ET|
Red Sox shortstop Stephen Drew, in the first game of a minor league rehab assignment that is expected to last four games, went 0-for-3 with a groundout to second, a line out to short and a strikeout looking in three trips to the plate for the Double-A Portland Sea Dogs. Drew played in the field for five innings on Thursday, following games in which he played three and then four innings in extended spring training on Tuesday and Wednesday.
A rehab assignment for a player coming off the seven-day concussion DL can last up to five games, though the Sox have sketched out a four-game progression for Drew, so long as that proves manageable. When deemed ready to play, the Sox will activate him and insert him into the lineup as the everyday shortstop, replacing Jose Iglesias.
For more Red Sox coverage, visit weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo