Red Sox minor-leaguer Mike Flacco, brother of Joe, decides to retire
|04.05.13 at 6:00 pm ET|
Mike Flacco, brother of Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco, has decided to retire rather than accept an assignment to the Red Sox‘ Single-A affiliate in Salem (Va.). Flacco had been traded by the Orioles to the Red Sox in spring training for cash considerations.
Flacco, a 6-foot-6 first baseman, spent the majority of the 2012 season in the Carolina League (which Salem plays in) with Frederick, hitting.218 with a .628 OPS and eight home runs in 385 plate appearances.
The 26-year-old was drafted by Baltimore in the 31st round of the 2009 draft.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Scouting Report Update: Groome, Shawaryn lead first Lowell updates
- Scouting Report Updates: GCL updates from Fall Instructs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez meet in PR finals
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Leon debuts, Elias strikes out seven
- SoxProspects.com's Top Posts of 2016
- December Notes: Sox deal key prospects for Sale, Thornburg
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Rodriguez tweaks knee, Castillo rakes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramirez debuts, Vazquez homers
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Abad debuts, Hernandez goes deep again
- Scouting Updates: Mata leads group of DSL player page updates