John Lackey leaves game with arm injury
|04.06.13 at 2:45 pm ET|
The Red Sox’ starter immediately grabbed his right arm after delivering a low and inside pitch to Jose Reyes on the sixth pitch of the at-bat. While the Rogers Centre crowd booed for what it perceived as a pitch thrown intentionally to hit Reyes, Lackey circled the outskirts of the mound while Red Sox manager John Farrell and trainer Rick Jameyson sprinted to the scene.
Farrell immediately replaced Lackey with reliever Alfredo Aceves, with Lackey being escorted off the field by Jameyson.
It appeared as though Lackey was feeling discomfort in the arm two pitches before the final pitch to Reyes, shaking his arm on both the at-bat’s fourth and fifth pitches.
Lackey had turned in a solid outing to the point of his injury, giving up two runs on five hits over 4 1/3 innings, striking out eight while walking one. His only miscue came via a two-run, fourth-inning homer to J.P. Arencibia.
Lackey was grabbing at what appeared to be the biceps area, just above the elbow he had surgically repaired in Nov. 1, 2011.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Is Patriots' Day? Your Introduction to Boston's Greatest Holiday
- Stock Up, Stock Down for Boston Red Sox's Top 5 Prospects for Week 1
- Jackie Bradley Jr. to Be Placed on 10-Day DL with Knee Injury
- David Price's 1st Bullpen Session Since Elbow Injury Captured on Video
- Chris Sale Produces Dominant Debut Red Sox Needed to See
- 5 Bold Predictions for the Boston Red Sox's 2017 Season
- Boston Red Sox: Complete 2017 Season Preview, Predictions
- System Restart '17: Upper-level pitching
- Cup of Coffee: Shawaryn strikes out nine as Drive cruise
- Minor Notes: Workman dominant in PawSox bullpen
- The Write-Up: Jalen Beeks
- Cup of Coffee: Olt leads Sea Dogs to walkoff win
- Cup of Coffee: Beeks tosses complete-game shutout
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Victor Garcia
- Cup of Coffee: Ockimey homers twice, Salem sweeps twin bill
- The Write-Up: Teddy Stankiewicz
- System Restart '17: Catcher