John Lackey leaves game with arm injury
|04.06.13 at 2:45 pm ET|
The Red Sox’ starter immediately grabbed his right arm after delivering a low and inside pitch to Jose Reyes on the sixth pitch of the at-bat. While the Rogers Centre crowd booed for what it perceived as a pitch thrown intentionally to hit Reyes, Lackey circled the outskirts of the mound while Red Sox manager John Farrell and trainer Rick Jameyson sprinted to the scene.
Farrell immediately replaced Lackey with reliever Alfredo Aceves, with Lackey being escorted off the field by Jameyson.
It appeared as though Lackey was feeling discomfort in the arm two pitches before the final pitch to Reyes, shaking his arm on both the at-bat’s fourth and fifth pitches.
Lackey had turned in a solid outing to the point of his injury, giving up two runs on five hits over 4 1/3 innings, striking out eight while walking one. His only miscue came via a two-run, fourth-inning homer to J.P. Arencibia.
Lackey was grabbing at what appeared to be the biceps area, just above the elbow he had surgically repaired in Nov. 1, 2011.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- SoxProspects Staff Announcement: Promotions and new hires!
- Hanley Ramirez: A former top prospect returns
- Ryan Lavarnway designated for assignment as Sandoval signs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez shines in Puerto Rico
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Xander Bogaerts
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Mookie Betts
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Christian Vazquez
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #67: Reserved at the Reserve List Deadline
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday