Red Sox lineup: Jose Iglesias returns, Daniel Nava plays first vs. R.A. Dickey
|04.07.13 at 10:02 am ET|
Shortstop Jose Iglesias returns to the lineup for the rubber match of the Red Sox‘ three-game series against the Blue Jays, while Mike Napoli will serve as the team’s designated hitter, with Daniel Nava getting the start at first base. Jon Lester will take the mound for the Sox, paired for his second straight start with Jarrod Saltalamacchia, as the Sox get ready to take on 2012 National League Cy Young award winner R.A. Dickey.
Here is the complete lineup:
Jon Lester, SP
Aside from Victorino, who has a .263/.300/.526 line with a homer in 20 plate appearances against Dickey, the Sox have limited exposure against the knuckleballer. No other member of the team has more than six plate appearances against him. For a look at batter vs. starting pitcher matchup histories, click here. For complete team coverage, visit weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs
- Cup of Coffee: Salem's narrow loss ends season for whole system
- Podcast Ep. #105: MoncadainBoston
- Cup of Coffee: Devers helps keep Salem alive, Lowell eliminated
- Scouting Scratch: Jason Groome