Red Sox lineup: Jose Iglesias returns, Daniel Nava plays first vs. R.A. Dickey
|04.07.13 at 10:02 am ET|
Shortstop Jose Iglesias returns to the lineup for the rubber match of the Red Sox‘ three-game series against the Blue Jays, while Mike Napoli will serve as the team’s designated hitter, with Daniel Nava getting the start at first base. Jon Lester will take the mound for the Sox, paired for his second straight start with Jarrod Saltalamacchia, as the Sox get ready to take on 2012 National League Cy Young award winner R.A. Dickey.
Here is the complete lineup:
Jon Lester, SP
Aside from Victorino, who has a .263/.300/.526 line with a homer in 20 plate appearances against Dickey, the Sox have limited exposure against the knuckleballer. No other member of the team has more than six plate appearances against him. For a look at batter vs. starting pitcher matchup histories, click here. For complete team coverage, visit weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Aaron Kurcz dealt to Atlanta for Anthony Varvaro
- Offseason Notes: Trades, signings, and awards
- Marco Hernandez received from Cubs to complete Doubront trade
- Podcast Ep. 69: Hot Stove on High
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo/Vazquez headline action in Puerto Rico
- Trade analysis: Scouting the players in the Wade Miley deal
- Sox acquire Zeke Spruill for Myles Smith in second D-Backs trade
- Justin Masterson: An unlikely All-Star reunites with the Red Sox
- Trade analysis: Scouting the prospects dealt for Porcello
- Astros select Jason Garcia in Rule 5 draft, trade him to Orioles