Red Sox lineup: Jose Iglesias returns, Daniel Nava plays first vs. R.A. Dickey
|04.07.13 at 10:02 am ET|
Shortstop Jose Iglesias returns to the lineup for the rubber match of the Red Sox‘ three-game series against the Blue Jays, while Mike Napoli will serve as the team’s designated hitter, with Daniel Nava getting the start at first base. Jon Lester will take the mound for the Sox, paired for his second straight start with Jarrod Saltalamacchia, as the Sox get ready to take on 2012 National League Cy Young award winner R.A. Dickey.
Here is the complete lineup:
Jon Lester, SP
Aside from Victorino, who has a .263/.300/.526 line with a homer in 20 plate appearances against Dickey, the Sox have limited exposure against the knuckleballer. No other member of the team has more than six plate appearances against him. For a look at batter vs. starting pitcher matchup histories, click here. For complete team coverage, visit weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Betts Has Real Chance of Crashing AL MVP Party
- MLB Betting Preview: Red Sox vs. Orioles Odds, Analysis
- David Ortiz Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Foot
- Can Benintendi Be Pennant Race Difference-Maker?
- Updates on Red Sox Star Hanley Ramirez's Injury
- Andrew Benintendi Recalled from Double-a
- Fernando Abad to Red Sox
- After draft slide, Shawaryn regaining peak form in Lowell
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada shows off power and defense as he eyes the big leagues
- 2014 First-rounder Michael Chavis promoted to High A Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Jason Groome era begins with two scoreless innings
- Weekly Notes: Groome debuts, Kopech and Dalbec stay hot
- Cup of Coffee: Salem wins 10th straight, Hill, Tubbs carry Lowell
- Podcast Ep. #104: BeninBoston
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Luis Alexander Basabe
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects four hits in Portland's slugfest
- Cup of Coffee: Dalbec keeps hitting, Dubon, Atkins lead Portland