Red Sox lineup: Jose Iglesias returns, Daniel Nava plays first vs. R.A. Dickey
|04.07.13 at 10:02 am ET|
Shortstop Jose Iglesias returns to the lineup for the rubber match of the Red Sox‘ three-game series against the Blue Jays, while Mike Napoli will serve as the team’s designated hitter, with Daniel Nava getting the start at first base. Jon Lester will take the mound for the Sox, paired for his second straight start with Jarrod Saltalamacchia, as the Sox get ready to take on 2012 National League Cy Young award winner R.A. Dickey.
Here is the complete lineup:
Jon Lester, SP
Aside from Victorino, who has a .263/.300/.526 line with a homer in 20 plate appearances against Dickey, the Sox have limited exposure against the knuckleballer. No other member of the team has more than six plate appearances against him. For a look at batter vs. starting pitcher matchup histories, click here. For complete team coverage, visit weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- MLB Reportedly 'Looking Into' Ortiz's Comments for Tampering
- Red Sox Pay Heavy, but Necessary Price to Go for It with Pomeranz
- Moncada Primed to Make Phenom-Loaded Red Sox Even Richer
- Craig Kimbrel Injury Updates on Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Latest on Brad Ziegler to Red Sox
- Brewers Trade INF Aaron Hill to Red Sox
- Bradley, Betts, and Bogaerts Give MLB a New-Age 'Killer B's'
- Cup of Coffee: Boyd spins gem, Hill stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Mendoza leads DSL 1 in lone affiliate victory
- Scouting Scratch: Tate Matheny and Kyri Washington
- Cup of Coffee: Kent dominates, Devers scores game-winner
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada homers twice, Kopech strikes out nine
- Podcast Ep. #102: Groome signs, Dave deals, podcast delivered
- Weekly Notes: Groome signs, Espinoza traded, Marrero is All-Star MVP
- Cup of Coffee: Salem walks off, Hill rakes in Lowell loss
- Cup of Coffee: Basabe reaches base four times for Greenville
- Cup of Coffee: Chatham debuts, pitchers shine