Red Sox lineup: Jose Iglesias returns, Daniel Nava plays first vs. R.A. Dickey
|04.07.13 at 10:02 am ET|
Shortstop Jose Iglesias returns to the lineup for the rubber match of the Red Sox‘ three-game series against the Blue Jays, while Mike Napoli will serve as the team’s designated hitter, with Daniel Nava getting the start at first base. Jon Lester will take the mound for the Sox, paired for his second straight start with Jarrod Saltalamacchia, as the Sox get ready to take on 2012 National League Cy Young award winner R.A. Dickey.
Here is the complete lineup:
Jon Lester, SP
Aside from Victorino, who has a .263/.300/.526 line with a homer in 20 plate appearances against Dickey, the Sox have limited exposure against the knuckleballer. No other member of the team has more than six plate appearances against him. For a look at batter vs. starting pitcher matchup histories, click here. For complete team coverage, visit weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts, Stankiewicz shines for Salem
- Red Sox purchase contract of pitcher Noe Ramirez
- Johnson named to International League All-Star Team
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech goes six strong, Nava returns to Pawtucket
- Red Sox sign two as international signing period opens
- Cup of Coffee: Devers hits clutch homer, GCL Sox remain unbeaten
- Podcast Ep. 79: Promotions, Signings, Rankings, Fireworks?
- Five Sea Dogs chosen for Eastern League All-Star team
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza and Owens pitch well, Basabe leads Lowell
- Red Sox sign five more draftees, including first-round pick Benintendi