Stephen Drew goes deep in final rehab game with Double-A Portland; Barnes makes quick exit
|04.08.13 at 9:45 pm ET|
Red Sox shortstop Stephen Drew went 1-for-3 with a homer and a walk. He also had a pop-up and a groundout while playing eight innings at shortstop. He concludes his four-game rehab assignment having gone 2-for-13 with a double, homer and two walks.
Also notable from the game: starter Matt Barnes logged just one inning in his Double-A debut, recording all three outs via strikeout but permitting two runs on two hits (a single and triple) and a walk. His removal from the game, according to a team source, was purely due to the fact that he required 33 pitches (21 strikes) to labor through his one inning of work.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: PawSox advance to International League finals
- Cup of Coffee: Cecchini and Barnes lead PawSox to 2-0 series edge
- The Write-Up: Matt Barnes
- Edwin Escobar impresses with dazzling playoff performance
- Cup of Coffee: Extra inning victories kick off playoff action
- The Write-Up: Brandon Workman
- Cup of Coffee: DSL Sox drop two in Championship Series
- August Players of the Month: Manuel Margot and Brian Johnson
- Cup of Coffee: GCL Red Sox win league championship
- Weekly Notes: Red Sox win GCL title, Castillo debuts