Stephen Drew goes deep in final rehab game with Double-A Portland; Barnes makes quick exit
|04.08.13 at 9:45 pm ET|
Red Sox shortstop Stephen Drew went 1-for-3 with a homer and a walk. He also had a pop-up and a groundout while playing eight innings at shortstop. He concludes his four-game rehab assignment having gone 2-for-13 with a double, homer and two walks.
Also notable from the game: starter Matt Barnes logged just one inning in his Double-A debut, recording all three outs via strikeout but permitting two runs on two hits (a single and triple) and a walk. His removal from the game, according to a team source, was purely due to the fact that he required 33 pitches (21 strikes) to labor through his one inning of work.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings
- Red Sox acquire Danny Rosenbaum from Nationals for Dan Butler
- Red Sox announce front office moves
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Playoffs begin, Marban pitches well in Australia
- Betts, Castillo highlight Red Sox Rookie Development Program participants