Stephen Drew goes deep in final rehab game with Double-A Portland; Barnes makes quick exit
|04.08.13 at 9:45 pm ET|
Red Sox shortstop Stephen Drew went 1-for-3 with a homer and a walk. He also had a pop-up and a groundout while playing eight innings at shortstop. He concludes his four-game rehab assignment having gone 2-for-13 with a double, homer and two walks.
Also notable from the game: starter Matt Barnes logged just one inning in his Double-A debut, recording all three outs via strikeout but permitting two runs on two hits (a single and triple) and a walk. His removal from the game, according to a team source, was purely due to the fact that he required 33 pitches (21 strikes) to labor through his one inning of work.
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Big weeks for Acosta and Welch
- Gary DiSarcina named Baseball America Minor League Manager of the Year
- Red Sox non-tender Ryan Kalish, Andrew Bailey
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Jesus Loya solid at the plate in Mexico
- Help Wanted: Staff Editor, Scouts
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #48: The Slow Season
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Attention shifts to Caribbean, Jerez shining in Venezuela
- Luis Ortega traded to Brewers for reliever Burke Badenhop
- Red Sox re-sign infielder Brandon Snyder
- Cecchini, Ranaudo, Brentz added to 40-man roster