Stephen Drew goes deep in final rehab game with Double-A Portland; Barnes makes quick exit
|04.08.13 at 9:45 pm ET|
Red Sox shortstop Stephen Drew went 1-for-3 with a homer and a walk. He also had a pop-up and a groundout while playing eight innings at shortstop. He concludes his four-game rehab assignment having gone 2-for-13 with a double, homer and two walks.
Also notable from the game: starter Matt Barnes logged just one inning in his Double-A debut, recording all three outs via strikeout but permitting two runs on two hits (a single and triple) and a walk. His removal from the game, according to a team source, was purely due to the fact that he required 33 pitches (21 strikes) to labor through his one inning of work.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Martinez, Heller, Weems lead Salem bats in win
- Cup of Coffee: Light shines bright for Salem
- Players of the Week, 7/14-20: Michael Almanzar & Trey Ball
- Cup of Coffee: Acosta scores four in GCL Sox sweep
- Weekly Notes: Betts returns to Pawtucket, Owens wins ninth straight
- 2014 Draft recap: Sox sign 31 players, with impact potential at the top
- Cup of Coffee: Ranaudo, Johnson impress, Stankiewicz fans nine
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #61: Wild Turkeys, July 2, and the Draft
- Cup of Coffee: Owens stays strong; Ball delivers best yet
- Cup of Coffee: Steven Wright leads Pawtucket; Meyers powers Lowell