Stephen Drew goes deep in final rehab game with Double-A Portland; Barnes makes quick exit
|04.08.13 at 9:45 pm ET|
Red Sox shortstop Stephen Drew went 1-for-3 with a homer and a walk. He also had a pop-up and a groundout while playing eight innings at shortstop. He concludes his four-game rehab assignment having gone 2-for-13 with a double, homer and two walks.
Also notable from the game: starter Matt Barnes logged just one inning in his Double-A debut, recording all three outs via strikeout but permitting two runs on two hits (a single and triple) and a walk. His removal from the game, according to a team source, was purely due to the fact that he required 33 pitches (21 strikes) to labor through his one inning of work.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Top 40 in Review: Deven Marrero and Trey Ball
- Help Wanted: Writers
- Top 40 in Review: Michael Kopech and Sean Coyle
- Top 40 in Review: Wendell Rijo and Edwin Escobar
- Top 40 Season in Review: Travis Shaw and Sam Travis
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Marrero dominates in AFL
- Top 40 in Review: Nick Longhi and Teddy Stankiewicz
- Top 40 in Review: Heath Hembree and Steven Wright
- Top 40 Season in Review: Javier Guerra and Henry Ramos
- Top 40 in Review: Simon Mercedes and Carlos Asuaje