Stephen Drew goes deep in final rehab game with Double-A Portland; Barnes makes quick exit
|04.08.13 at 9:45 pm ET|
Red Sox shortstop Stephen Drew went 1-for-3 with a homer and a walk. He also had a pop-up and a groundout while playing eight innings at shortstop. He concludes his four-game rehab assignment having gone 2-for-13 with a double, homer and two walks.
Also notable from the game: starter Matt Barnes logged just one inning in his Double-A debut, recording all three outs via strikeout but permitting two runs on two hits (a single and triple) and a walk. His removal from the game, according to a team source, was purely due to the fact that he required 33 pitches (21 strikes) to labor through his one inning of work.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox sign five more draftees, including first-round pick Benintendi
- 2015 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free! (close to goal)
- Cup of Coffee: Margot helps Portland earn split as part of crazy Monday schedule
- Weekly Notes: Top prospects on the move
- Cup of Coffee: Salem, Greenville bullpens fall apart, Pawtucket wins in extras
- Cup of Coffee: Margot homers in Hadlock debut
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon, Miller shine in Salem debuts
- Notes from the Field: Margot's Double-A debut and more
- Cup of Coffee: Portland welcomes new call-ups, Moncada has big night
- Dubon promoted to Salem, Jerez to Portland in series of roster moves