‘Prognosis is good’ for John Lackey after second opinion
|04.09.13 at 9:26 pm ET|
According to a team source, after undergoing a second opinion Monday the “prognosis is good” John Lackey regarding the starter’s injured right biceps. The source did report, however, that the starter will likely miss his next turn in the rotation, which was originally scheduled for Friday against Tampa Bay.
Alfredo Aceves is a candidate to make a spot start, likely Sunday at Fenway against the Rays.
Red Sox manager John Farrell said Monday that no tear was detected in the biceps, which was injured in the fifth inning of Lackey’s first start of the season. The initial diagnosis following Sunday’s MRI was that there was inflammation in the biceps, but nothing more serious.
Farrell also surmised prior to his team’s home opener that it was “unlikely” the righty would be able to make his next start without at least being pushed back.
For more from Farrell’s Monday morning press conference, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- David Price Allowed 5 ER in 3.1 IP and Is Now 0-8 in Career Postseason...
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller