‘Prognosis is good’ for John Lackey after second opinion
|04.09.13 at 9:26 pm ET|
According to a team source, after undergoing a second opinion Monday the “prognosis is good” John Lackey regarding the starter’s injured right biceps. The source did report, however, that the starter will likely miss his next turn in the rotation, which was originally scheduled for Friday against Tampa Bay.
Alfredo Aceves is a candidate to make a spot start, likely Sunday at Fenway against the Rays.
Red Sox manager John Farrell said Monday that no tear was detected in the biceps, which was injured in the fifth inning of Lackey’s first start of the season. The initial diagnosis following Sunday’s MRI was that there was inflammation in the biceps, but nothing more serious.
Farrell also surmised prior to his team’s home opener that it was “unlikely” the righty would be able to make his next start without at least being pushed back.
For more from Farrell’s Monday morning press conference, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Xander Bogaerts' Wrist and Return
- Latest Updates on Joe Kelly's Injury
- Even Price Can't Stop Red Sox Rotation Giving Bad Feeling of Deja Vu
- Sandoval's Ex-Trainer Says He Has Eating Problem
- Ortiz Closing in on Top 25 in Career Home Runs
- Updates on Red Sox Star Pablo Sandoval's Injury
- Ortiz Looks Determined to Go out with a Bang
- Cup of Coffee: Haley, Lakins continue strong starts
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi continues surge, Smith rehabs
- Cup of Coffee: E-Rod rehabs, Ball debuts, Benintendi big again
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi powers Salem past Frederick
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Michael Chavis
- Cup of Coffee: Kyri Washington rips pair of doubles in Greenville loss
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas, Swihart lead Pawtucket on a light night
- Michael Chavis placed on disabled list with torn thumb ligament (UPDATE: report rescinded)
- Weekly Notes: Light, Cuevas get first-time call-up
- Cup of Coffee: Lakins shoves, Drive bats come alive