Alfredo Aceves to start Thursday with John Lackey getting skipped
|04.10.13 at 10:33 am ET|
The Red Sox announced that Alfredo Aceves will get the ball as the starter in Thursday night’s finale of the three-game series against the Orioles. According to a source, left-hander Felix Doubront, who had been slated to start on Thursday, will instead pitch on Friday against the Rays, while right-hander John Lackey will seemingly be skipped this time through the rotation.
Lackey, who missed all of last year while rehabbing from Tommy John surgery, left his first start in 18 months after 4 1/3 innings with a biceps strain. Aceves relieved him, pitching 3 2/3 innings and allowing three runs.
A team source told WEEI.com’s Rob Bradford on Tuesday that the “prognosis is good” for Lackey but that he was expected to miss at least one start.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs
- Cup of Coffee: Salem's narrow loss ends season for whole system
- Podcast Ep. #105: MoncadainBoston