Alfredo Aceves to start Thursday with John Lackey getting skipped
|04.10.13 at 10:33 am ET|
The Red Sox announced that Alfredo Aceves will get the ball as the starter in Thursday night’s finale of the three-game series against the Orioles. According to a source, left-hander Felix Doubront, who had been slated to start on Thursday, will instead pitch on Friday against the Rays, while right-hander John Lackey will seemingly be skipped this time through the rotation.
Lackey, who missed all of last year while rehabbing from Tommy John surgery, left his first start in 18 months after 4 1/3 innings with a biceps strain. Aceves relieved him, pitching 3 2/3 innings and allowing three runs.
A team source told WEEI.com’s Rob Bradford on Tuesday that the “prognosis is good” for Lackey but that he was expected to miss at least one start.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Betts Has Real Chance of Crashing AL MVP Party
- MLB Betting Preview: Red Sox vs. Orioles Odds, Analysis
- David Ortiz Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Foot
- Can Benintendi Be Pennant Race Difference-Maker?
- Updates on Red Sox Star Hanley Ramirez's Injury
- Andrew Benintendi Recalled from Double-a
- Fernando Abad to Red Sox
- 2014 First-rounder Michael Chavis promoted to High A Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Jason Groome era begins with two scoreless innings
- Weekly Notes: Groome debuts, Kopech and Dalbec stay hot
- Cup of Coffee: Salem wins 10th straight, Hill, Tubbs carry Lowell
- Podcast Ep. #104: BeninBoston
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Luis Alexander Basabe
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects four hits in Portland's slugfest
- Cup of Coffee: Dalbec keeps hitting, Dubon, Atkins lead Portland
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech dominates again, Dalbec blasts a pair
- Cup of Coffee: Tavarez leads Portland to doubleheader split