Alfredo Aceves to start Thursday with John Lackey getting skipped
|04.10.13 at 10:33 am ET|
The Red Sox announced that Alfredo Aceves will get the ball as the starter in Thursday night’s finale of the three-game series against the Orioles. According to a source, left-hander Felix Doubront, who had been slated to start on Thursday, will instead pitch on Friday against the Rays, while right-hander John Lackey will seemingly be skipped this time through the rotation.
Lackey, who missed all of last year while rehabbing from Tommy John surgery, left his first start in 18 months after 4 1/3 innings with a biceps strain. Aceves relieved him, pitching 3 2/3 innings and allowing three runs.
A team source told WEEI.com’s Rob Bradford on Tuesday that the “prognosis is good” for Lackey but that he was expected to miss at least one start.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox sign five more draftees, including first-round pick Benintendi
- 2015 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free! (close to goal)
- Cup of Coffee: Margot helps Portland earn split as part of crazy Monday schedule
- Weekly Notes: Top prospects on the move
- Cup of Coffee: Salem, Greenville bullpens fall apart, Pawtucket wins in extras
- Cup of Coffee: Margot homers in Hadlock debut
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon, Miller shine in Salem debuts
- Notes from the Field: Margot's Double-A debut and more
- Cup of Coffee: Portland welcomes new call-ups, Moncada has big night
- Dubon promoted to Salem, Jerez to Portland in series of roster moves