Alfredo Aceves to start Thursday with John Lackey getting skipped
|04.10.13 at 10:33 am ET|
The Red Sox announced that Alfredo Aceves will get the ball as the starter in Thursday night’s finale of the three-game series against the Orioles. According to a source, left-hander Felix Doubront, who had been slated to start on Thursday, will instead pitch on Friday against the Rays, while right-hander John Lackey will seemingly be skipped this time through the rotation.
Lackey, who missed all of last year while rehabbing from Tommy John surgery, left his first start in 18 months after 4 1/3 innings with a biceps strain. Aceves relieved him, pitching 3 2/3 innings and allowing three runs.
A team source told WEEI.com’s Rob Bradford on Tuesday that the “prognosis is good” for Lackey but that he was expected to miss at least one start.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Weekly Notes: Big league season comes to an end
- The Write-Up: Logan Allen, Travis Lakins, William Cuevas and Yankory Pimentel
- Weekly Notes: Season end awards & front office changes
- SoxProspects.com 2015 season-end award winners
- Travis, Moncada highlight Red Sox minor league awards
- Podcast Ep. 86: Season in Review, Pt. 1
- Weekly Notes: Moncada to play winter ball in Puerto Rico
- 2015 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Weekly Notes: Front office moves, Fall Instructs rosters announced
- Podcast Ep. 85: Final Notes from the Field, Sept. Rankings, Wendell Rijo