Alfredo Aceves to start Thursday with John Lackey getting skipped
|04.10.13 at 10:33 am ET|
The Red Sox announced that Alfredo Aceves will get the ball as the starter in Thursday night’s finale of the three-game series against the Orioles. According to a source, left-hander Felix Doubront, who had been slated to start on Thursday, will instead pitch on Friday against the Rays, while right-hander John Lackey will seemingly be skipped this time through the rotation.
Lackey, who missed all of last year while rehabbing from Tommy John surgery, left his first start in 18 months after 4 1/3 innings with a biceps strain. Aceves relieved him, pitching 3 2/3 innings and allowing three runs.
A team source told WEEI.com’s Rob Bradford on Tuesday that the “prognosis is good” for Lackey but that he was expected to miss at least one start.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Help Wanted: Database Coordinator
- January Notes: Red Sox extend contract with Greenville
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Champions crowned as play concludes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Championship series underway
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Blake Swihart
- Help Wanted: Writers, Editors
- Red Sox bring back Dan Butler on minor league deal
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Eduardo Rodriguez
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramos and Castillo combine for 16 hits
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Henry Owens