Alfredo Aceves to start Thursday with John Lackey getting skipped
|04.10.13 at 10:33 am ET|
The Red Sox announced that Alfredo Aceves will get the ball as the starter in Thursday night’s finale of the three-game series against the Orioles. According to a source, left-hander Felix Doubront, who had been slated to start on Thursday, will instead pitch on Friday against the Rays, while right-hander John Lackey will seemingly be skipped this time through the rotation.
Lackey, who missed all of last year while rehabbing from Tommy John surgery, left his first start in 18 months after 4 1/3 innings with a biceps strain. Aceves relieved him, pitching 3 2/3 innings and allowing three runs.
A team source told WEEI.com’s Rob Bradford on Tuesday that the “prognosis is good” for Lackey but that he was expected to miss at least one start.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox acquire Cespedes and draft pick for Lester and Gomes
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson's arm carries Portland to victory
- Felix Doubront traded to Cubs for PTBNL
- Cup of Coffee: Owens lifts Portland, Guzman's big day not enough for Greenville
- Justin Haley promoted to Portland; Jonathan Aro moved up to Salem
- Players of the Week, 7/21-27: Brian Johnson & Travis Shaw
- Cup of Coffee: Rain can't dampen Augliera, Swihart
- Weekly Notes: Trade deadline approaches
- Cup of Coffee: Light continues to shine, Portland mounts a comeback
- Red Sox acquire two pitching prospects in Peavy trade