Alfredo Aceves to start Thursday with John Lackey getting skipped
|04.10.13 at 10:33 am ET|
The Red Sox announced that Alfredo Aceves will get the ball as the starter in Thursday night’s finale of the three-game series against the Orioles. According to a source, left-hander Felix Doubront, who had been slated to start on Thursday, will instead pitch on Friday against the Rays, while right-hander John Lackey will seemingly be skipped this time through the rotation.
Lackey, who missed all of last year while rehabbing from Tommy John surgery, left his first start in 18 months after 4 1/3 innings with a biceps strain. Aceves relieved him, pitching 3 2/3 innings and allowing three runs.
A team source told WEEI.com’s Rob Bradford on Tuesday that the “prognosis is good” for Lackey but that he was expected to miss at least one start.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- 2014 Fall Instructional League rosters and schedule
- Cup of Coffee: PawSox fall late in Gildan Championship Game
- The Write-Up: Rusney Castillo
- Cup of Coffee: Couch leads PawSox to Series win
- Cup of Coffee: Owens struggles, pushing PawSox to the brink
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket drops game two in extras
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket takes game one of Governor's Cup
- Rusney Castillo flashes exciting potential in Triple-A debut
- Barnes promoted to Boston
- The Write-Up: Matt Barnes