Red Sox in rain delay heading into sixth inning
|04.10.13 at 8:49 pm ET|
The game between the Red Sox and Orioles was put into a rain delay starting at 8:41 p.m. The teams were heading into the sixth inning before crew chief Jeff Joyce called for the grounds crew.
At the time of the delay the teams were tied, 3-3, with the Orioles having scored a pair of runs in the fourth inning to wipe out the Red Sox’ two-run lead.
Red Sox starter Ryan Dempster had gone five innings, allowing three runs (one earned) on three hits, striking out seven and walking two. The righty threw 93 pitches, 60 for strikes.
After falling into a 1-0 hole in the first inning, the Sox back with a run in the second and two more the following frame. Plating the runs for the Sox were Jarrod Saltalamacchia‘s RBI double, Jacoby Ellsbury’s run-scoring triple, and a sacrifice fly from Shane Victorino, scoring Ellsbury.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox Will Not Fill GM Position After Mike Hazen's Hiring by...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- FallWinter League Roundup: Dominican League begins, Haley solid
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins