David Ortiz collects two hits in Pawtucket
|04.12.13 at 1:15 am ET|
In the first game of his minor league rehab assignment with Triple-A Pawtucket, Red Sox DH David Ortiz went 2-for-3 with a strikeout in his first at-bat and then a pair of singles (one to left, one to right) in his next two plate appearances. After his second hit (an RBI single), he also had an opportunity to run the bases, advancing to third base on a double and then scoring on a single. Red Sox manager John Farrell said that a decision will be made based on the weather on Friday about whether or not Ortiz will play in the next scheduled PawSox game.
Here’s visual evidence of one of his hits (Rochester needs a shift!):
Your browser does not support iframes.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs
- Cup of Coffee: Salem's narrow loss ends season for whole system
- Podcast Ep. #105: MoncadainBoston