David Ortiz collects two hits in Pawtucket
|04.12.13 at 1:15 am ET|
In the first game of his minor league rehab assignment with Triple-A Pawtucket, Red Sox DH David Ortiz went 2-for-3 with a strikeout in his first at-bat and then a pair of singles (one to left, one to right) in his next two plate appearances. After his second hit (an RBI single), he also had an opportunity to run the bases, advancing to third base on a double and then scoring on a single. Red Sox manager John Farrell said that a decision will be made based on the weather on Friday about whether or not Ortiz will play in the next scheduled PawSox game.
Here’s visual evidence of one of his hits (Rochester needs a shift!):
Your browser does not support iframes.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Betts Has Real Chance of Crashing AL MVP Party
- MLB Betting Preview: Red Sox vs. Orioles Odds, Analysis
- David Ortiz Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Foot
- Can Benintendi Be Pennant Race Difference-Maker?
- Updates on Red Sox Star Hanley Ramirez's Injury
- Andrew Benintendi Recalled from Double-a
- Fernando Abad to Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon comes up clutch, Dalbec stays hot for Lowell
- Scouting Scratch: Mike Shawaryn and Shaun Anderson
- Cup of Coffee: LaMarre powers Pawtucket, Kopech whiffs 10
- After draft slide, Shawaryn regaining peak form in Lowell
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada shows off power and defense as he eyes the big leagues
- 2014 First-rounder Michael Chavis promoted to High A Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Jason Groome era begins with two scoreless innings
- Weekly Notes: Groome debuts, Kopech and Dalbec stay hot
- Cup of Coffee: Salem wins 10th straight, Hill, Tubbs carry Lowell
- Podcast Ep. #104: BeninBoston