David Ortiz collects two hits in Pawtucket
|04.12.13 at 1:15 am ET|
In the first game of his minor league rehab assignment with Triple-A Pawtucket, Red Sox DH David Ortiz went 2-for-3 with a strikeout in his first at-bat and then a pair of singles (one to left, one to right) in his next two plate appearances. After his second hit (an RBI single), he also had an opportunity to run the bases, advancing to third base on a double and then scoring on a single. Red Sox manager John Farrell said that a decision will be made based on the weather on Friday about whether or not Ortiz will play in the next scheduled PawSox game.
Here’s visual evidence of one of his hits (Rochester needs a shift!):
Your browser does not support iframes.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- Scouting Scratch: Kevin Steen, Enmanuel De Jesus and more Lowell pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Beeks, Dubon debut at Double-A, Lowell wins again
- Sources: Mauricio Dubon promoted to Portland
- Scouting Scratch: Michael Kopech
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada stays hot in Portland; Lowell improves to 6-0
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada makes Double-A debut; Owens dominates for PawSox
- Cup of Coffee: Holt doubles twice in first rehab appearance
- Weekly Notes: Moncada promoted, Kopech debuts, and Salem claims Southern Division first-half title
- Cup of Coffee: Affiliates sweep, Moncada homers before promotion
- Moncada, Beeks, Taylor promoted to Portland