David Ortiz collects two hits in Pawtucket
|04.12.13 at 1:15 am ET|
In the first game of his minor league rehab assignment with Triple-A Pawtucket, Red Sox DH David Ortiz went 2-for-3 with a strikeout in his first at-bat and then a pair of singles (one to left, one to right) in his next two plate appearances. After his second hit (an RBI single), he also had an opportunity to run the bases, advancing to third base on a double and then scoring on a single. Red Sox manager John Farrell said that a decision will be made based on the weather on Friday about whether or not Ortiz will play in the next scheduled PawSox game.
Here’s visual evidence of one of his hits (Rochester needs a shift!):
Your browser does not support iframes.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Cup of Coffee: Swihart leads PawSox hit parade, Rodriguez earns first win
- Cup of Coffee: Ball stymies Mudcats, Brentz leads Pawtucket past Rochester
- Swihart learning to catch the knuckler in Pawtucket
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 7: Low Minors Pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Brentz walks off for PawSox home opener
- Cup of Coffee: Jackie Bradley Jr. continues hot start, Pawtucket falls in doubleheader
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 6: Mid-Minors Pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Margot, Longhi, and Cecchini provide the power
- Podcast Ep. 73: Scout Talk and Season's Start
- Cup of Coffee: Abbreviated 2015 debuts for Kopech, Barnes