David Ortiz goes 1-for-4 in second rehab game in Pawtucket
|04.13.13 at 3:23 pm ET|
Red Sox designated hitter David Ortiz, in the second game of his rehab assignment with Triple-A Pawtucket, went 1-for-4 with a two-run single, a strikeout, a lineout to first and a groundout. In two games, Ortiz is now 3-for-7 with the PawSox, with all three hits being singles. Still, considering that he’s more than a month behind his peers in terms of competition, the fact that he’s able to make consistent contact to collect a few hits represents an encouraging sign for the Red Sox.
For complete Red Sox coverage, visit weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Couch leads PawSox to Series win
- Cup of Coffee: Owens struggles, pushing PawSox to the brink
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket drops game two in extras
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket takes game one of Governor's Cup
- Rusney Castillo flashes exciting potential in Triple-A debut
- Barnes promoted to Boston
- The Write-Up: Matt Barnes
- Weekly Notes: Playoff baseball begins for affiliates, Castillo continues ascent
- Cup of Coffee: Portland's season comes to an end
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #63: Just Sayin' Hi