David Ortiz goes 1-for-4 in second rehab game in Pawtucket
|04.13.13 at 3:23 pm ET|
Red Sox designated hitter David Ortiz, in the second game of his rehab assignment with Triple-A Pawtucket, went 1-for-4 with a two-run single, a strikeout, a lineout to first and a groundout. In two games, Ortiz is now 3-for-7 with the PawSox, with all three hits being singles. Still, considering that he’s more than a month behind his peers in terms of competition, the fact that he’s able to make consistent contact to collect a few hits represents an encouraging sign for the Red Sox.
For complete Red Sox coverage, visit weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Cup of Coffee: Rodriguez tosses complete game, Kopech stymies Asheville
- Cup of Coffee: McCarthy pitches Portland past Thunder
- Cup of Coffee: Gunkel perfect in relief, Miller walks off for Greenville
- Cup of Coffee: Dahlstrand cruises again in Salem's win
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson tosses complete game shutout
- Cup of Coffee: Chavis homers in 10th inning to lead Drive
- Weekly Notes: Blake Swihart's hot start; Rusney Castillo on the mend
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas struggles with command, Barnes bounces back
- Cup of Coffee: Swihart leads PawSox hit parade, Rodriguez earns first win
- Cup of Coffee: Ball stymies Mudcats, Brentz leads Pawtucket past Rochester