David Ortiz goes 1-for-4 in second rehab game in Pawtucket
|04.13.13 at 3:23 pm ET|
Red Sox designated hitter David Ortiz, in the second game of his rehab assignment with Triple-A Pawtucket, went 1-for-4 with a two-run single, a strikeout, a lineout to first and a groundout. In two games, Ortiz is now 3-for-7 with the PawSox, with all three hits being singles. Still, considering that he’s more than a month behind his peers in terms of competition, the fact that he’s able to make consistent contact to collect a few hits represents an encouraging sign for the Red Sox.
For complete Red Sox coverage, visit weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Spinners drop one in extras, timely hitting for Sea Dogs and Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi blasts first professional home run
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts, Stankiewicz shines for Salem
- Red Sox purchase contract of pitcher Noe Ramirez
- Johnson named to International League All-Star Team
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech goes six strong, Nava returns to Pawtucket
- Red Sox sign two as international signing period opens
- Cup of Coffee: Devers hits clutch homer, GCL Sox remain unbeaten
- Podcast Ep. 79: Promotions, Signings, Rankings, Fireworks?
- Five Sea Dogs chosen for Eastern League All-Star team