David Ortiz goes 1-for-4 in second rehab game in Pawtucket
|04.13.13 at 3:23 pm ET|
Red Sox designated hitter David Ortiz, in the second game of his rehab assignment with Triple-A Pawtucket, went 1-for-4 with a two-run single, a strikeout, a lineout to first and a groundout. In two games, Ortiz is now 3-for-7 with the PawSox, with all three hits being singles. Still, considering that he’s more than a month behind his peers in terms of competition, the fact that he’s able to make consistent contact to collect a few hits represents an encouraging sign for the Red Sox.
For complete Red Sox coverage, visit weei.com/redsox.
- Gary DiSarcina named Baseball America Minor League Manager of the Year
- Red Sox non-tender Ryan Kalish, Andrew Bailey
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Jesus Loya solid at the plate in Mexico
- Help Wanted: Staff Editor, Scouts
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #48: The Slow Season
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Attention shifts to Caribbean, Jerez shining in Venezuela
- Luis Ortega traded to Brewers for reliever Burke Badenhop
- Red Sox re-sign infielder Brandon Snyder
- Cecchini, Ranaudo, Brentz added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox 40-man roster additions expected