David Ortiz goes 1-for-4 in second rehab game in Pawtucket
|04.13.13 at 3:23 pm ET|
Red Sox designated hitter David Ortiz, in the second game of his rehab assignment with Triple-A Pawtucket, went 1-for-4 with a two-run single, a strikeout, a lineout to first and a groundout. In two games, Ortiz is now 3-for-7 with the PawSox, with all three hits being singles. Still, considering that he’s more than a month behind his peers in terms of competition, the fact that he’s able to make consistent contact to collect a few hits represents an encouraging sign for the Red Sox.
For complete Red Sox coverage, visit weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players
- Podcast Ep. #112: If He Dies, He Dies
- Fort Report: Benintendi to bat third in Boston?