Jon Lester moves up Red Sox strikeout charts, surpassing Luis Tiant for sixth place
|04.13.13 at 2:08 pm ET|
With a third-inning strikeout of Evan Longoria, who swung through a 90 mph cutter, Jon Lester further cemented his place as one of the greatest Red Sox K artists in franchise history. His third strikeout of the day gave the left-hander 1,076 for his career, moving him ahead of Luis Tiant for the sixth highest career strikeout total in Red Sox franchise history. Lester already sits atop the all-time leaderboard for left-handed pitchers in Red Sox history.
Here is the list of Red Sox all-time strikeout leaders (with strikeouts per nine innings in parentheses):
1) Roger Clemens – 2,590 (8.4)
2) Tim Wakefield – 2,046 (6.1)
3) Pedro Martinez – 1,683 (11.0)
4) Cy Young – 1,341 (4.4)
5) Josh Beckett – 1,108 (8.0)
6) Jon Lester – 1,076 (8.2)
7) Luis Tiant – 1,075 (5.5)
8) Bruce Hurst – 1,043 (6.4)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- David Price Allowed 5 ER in 3.1 IP and Is Now 0-8 in Career Postseason...
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller