Red Sox lineup: Daniel Nava starts, Jackie Bradley Jr. sits vs. Rays LHP David Price
|04.13.13 at 9:28 am ET|
With Rays ace David Price on the mound, the Red Sox will feature switch-hitter Daniel Nava in left field and Jonny Gomes at designated hitter. Jackie Bradley Jr. is not in the starting lineup for the second time this week against a left-handed starter. David Ross will be behind the plate to catch Jon Lester.
In his career, Price has held lefties to a .199 average and .258 OBP, while righties have marks of .239 and .308 against him. Nava, however, is 1-for-15 with a walk and seven strikeouts in his career against Price.
Here is the Red Sox lineup:
Jon Lester, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- MLB Reportedly 'Looking Into' Ortiz's Comments for Tampering
- Red Sox Pay Heavy, but Necessary Price to Go for It with Pomeranz
- Moncada Primed to Make Phenom-Loaded Red Sox Even Richer
- Craig Kimbrel Injury Updates on Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Latest on Brad Ziegler to Red Sox
- Brewers Trade INF Aaron Hill to Red Sox
- Bradley, Betts, and Bogaerts Give MLB a New-Age 'Killer B's'
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero and Devers homer, Dalbec debuts
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts in left, Basabe stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Boyd spins gem, Hill stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Mendoza leads DSL 1 in lone affiliate victory
- Scouting Scratch: Tate Matheny and Kyri Washington
- Cup of Coffee: Kent dominates, Devers scores game-winner
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada homers twice, Kopech strikes out nine
- Podcast Ep. #102: Groome signs, Dave deals, podcast delivered
- Weekly Notes: Groome signs, Espinoza traded, Marrero is All-Star MVP
- Cup of Coffee: Salem walks off, Hill rakes in Lowell loss