Red Sox lineup: Daniel Nava starts, Jackie Bradley Jr. sits vs. Rays LHP David Price
|04.13.13 at 9:28 am ET|
With Rays ace David Price on the mound, the Red Sox will feature switch-hitter Daniel Nava in left field and Jonny Gomes at designated hitter. Jackie Bradley Jr. is not in the starting lineup for the second time this week against a left-handed starter. David Ross will be behind the plate to catch Jon Lester.
In his career, Price has held lefties to a .199 average and .258 OBP, while righties have marks of .239 and .308 against him. Nava, however, is 1-for-15 with a walk and seven strikeouts in his career against Price.
Here is the Red Sox lineup:
Jon Lester, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Concerned Should Red Sox Be over Price's Roller-Coaster 2016?
- Latest Updates on Chris Young's Hamstring Injury
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- 2016 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Cup of Coffee: Castillo powers PawSox
- Chris Marrero, Sean O'Sullivan selected to Int'l League All-Star Team
- Scouting Scratch: Josh Pennington, Darwinzon Hernandez and Gerson Bautista
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi celebrates Futures Game selection with four-hit night
- Moncada and Benintendi named to Futures Game
- Cup of Coffee: Wilkerson strikes out eight to make his case
- Podcast Ep. #100: Your regularly scheduled June programming
- Red Sox promote Miller, option Cuevas
- Weekly Notes: Promotions continue and scouting notes