Red Sox lineup: Daniel Nava starts, Jackie Bradley Jr. sits vs. Rays LHP David Price
|04.13.13 at 9:28 am ET|
With Rays ace David Price on the mound, the Red Sox will feature switch-hitter Daniel Nava in left field and Jonny Gomes at designated hitter. Jackie Bradley Jr. is not in the starting lineup for the second time this week against a left-handed starter. David Ross will be behind the plate to catch Jon Lester.
In his career, Price has held lefties to a .199 average and .258 OBP, while righties have marks of .239 and .308 against him. Nava, however, is 1-for-15 with a walk and seven strikeouts in his career against Price.
Here is the Red Sox lineup:
Jon Lester, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Fort Report: Groome impresses in spring start
- Notes from the Field: Jason Groome debuts on Day Four
- Chatham using size to his advantage at shortstop
- Fort Report: Another round of cuts as Opening Day nears
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp