Red Sox lineup: Daniel Nava starts, Jackie Bradley Jr. sits vs. Rays LHP David Price
|04.13.13 at 9:28 am ET|
With Rays ace David Price on the mound, the Red Sox will feature switch-hitter Daniel Nava in left field and Jonny Gomes at designated hitter. Jackie Bradley Jr. is not in the starting lineup for the second time this week against a left-handed starter. David Ross will be behind the plate to catch Jon Lester.
In his career, Price has held lefties to a .199 average and .258 OBP, while righties have marks of .239 and .308 against him. Nava, however, is 1-for-15 with a walk and seven strikeouts in his career against Price.
Here is the Red Sox lineup:
Jon Lester, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs
- Cup of Coffee: Salem's narrow loss ends season for whole system
- Podcast Ep. #105: MoncadainBoston
- Cup of Coffee: Devers helps keep Salem alive, Lowell eliminated
- Scouting Scratch: Jason Groome