Joel Hanrahan to DL, Steven Wright up from Triple-A
|04.16.13 at 12:03 pm ET|
Red Sox closer Joel Hanrahan will be placed on the disabled list Tuesday with a strained right hamstring.
Right-handed pitcher Steven Wright will be called up from Triple-A Pawtucket to take his place on the roster. Wright was scratched from his scheduled start on Sunday in case he was needed in Boston.
‘It’s kind of been there every game,’ Hanrahan said earlier this week. ‘It’s just progressively gotten a little worse. It’s something if I keep running out there and trying to do it I’ll hurt myself more and hurt the rest of the team. We felt the best way was to take it day by day and try to get it right.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Scouting Scratch: Yoan Moncada
- Owens reassigned to minors in latest roster cuts; Boggs released
- The Write-Up: More reports from Fort Myers
- Karsten Whitson close to his old self in Red Sox system
- 2015 Spring Training Reports
- With injury behind him, Longhi honing selective approach this spring
- Podcast Ep. 71: Spring Training Reports!
- Scouting Scratch: Trey Ball
- Fort Report: SoxProspects crew arrives in Fort Myers
- The Write-Up: More from the Fort