Joel Hanrahan to DL, Steven Wright up from Triple-A
|04.16.13 at 12:03 pm ET|
Red Sox closer Joel Hanrahan will be placed on the disabled list Tuesday with a strained right hamstring.
Right-handed pitcher Steven Wright will be called up from Triple-A Pawtucket to take his place on the roster. Wright was scratched from his scheduled start on Sunday in case he was needed in Boston.
Hanrahan injured his hamstring in the second game of the season, a win over the Yankees.
“It’s kind of been there every game,” Hanrahan said earlier this week. “It’s just progressively gotten a little worse. It’s something if I keep running out there and trying to do it I’ll hurt myself more and hurt the rest of the team. We felt the best way was to take it day by day and try to get it right.”
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Big weeks for Acosta and Welch
- Gary DiSarcina named Baseball America Minor League Manager of the Year
- Red Sox non-tender Ryan Kalish, Andrew Bailey
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Jesus Loya solid at the plate in Mexico
- Help Wanted: Staff Editor, Scouts
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #48: The Slow Season
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Attention shifts to Caribbean, Jerez shining in Venezuela
- Luis Ortega traded to Brewers for reliever Burke Badenhop
- Red Sox re-sign infielder Brandon Snyder
- Cecchini, Ranaudo, Brentz added to 40-man roster