Red Sox option Jackie Bradley to Pawtucket
|04.19.13 at 5:56 am ET|
Following Thursday night’s 6-3 win over the Indians in Cleveland, the Red Sox informed Jackie Bradley he was being optioned to Triple-A Pawtucket, according to multiple reports.
The outfielder — who turned 23 years old Friday — played in 12 games for the Red Sox, going 3-for-31 with 12 strikeouts and six walks. Bradley hadn’t collected a hit since April 5 (the Sox’ fourth game of the season). He had gone hitless in his last 22 at-bats.
Bradley was expected to join the PawSox in Rochester, N.Y. Friday.
The move corresponds with the activation of designated hitter David Ortiz, who is expected to be activated Friday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- November Notes: Prospect rankings and new CBA
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez belts walk-off home run
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Devers, Hernandez stand out in Dominican winter league
- Podcast Ep. #109: Alex Speier on Ranking the System
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez debuts, Tavarez, Mars stay hot
- Podcast Ep. #108: 2016 Rankings Special
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Kopech continues to dominate
- October Notes: Fall ball and front office changes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada sidelined by thumb sprain
- Help Wanted: Web Editors & Social Media Specialists