Red Sox option Jackie Bradley to Pawtucket
|04.19.13 at 5:56 am ET|
Following Thursday night’s 6-3 win over the Indians in Cleveland, the Red Sox informed Jackie Bradley he was being optioned to Triple-A Pawtucket, according to multiple reports.
The outfielder — who turned 23 years old Friday — played in 12 games for the Red Sox, going 3-for-31 with 12 strikeouts and six walks. Bradley hadn’t collected a hit since April 5 (the Sox’ fourth game of the season). He had gone hitless in his last 22 at-bats.
Bradley was expected to join the PawSox in Rochester, N.Y. Friday.
The move corresponds with the activation of designated hitter David Ortiz, who is expected to be activated Friday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- 2014 Fall Instructional League rosters and schedule
- Cup of Coffee: PawSox fall late in Gildan Championship Game
- The Write-Up: Rusney Castillo
- Cup of Coffee: Couch leads PawSox to Series win
- Cup of Coffee: Owens struggles, pushing PawSox to the brink
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket drops game two in extras
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket takes game one of Governor's Cup
- Rusney Castillo flashes exciting potential in Triple-A debut
- Barnes promoted to Boston
- The Write-Up: Matt Barnes