Red Sox option Jackie Bradley to Pawtucket
|04.19.13 at 5:56 am ET|
Following Thursday night’s 6-3 win over the Indians in Cleveland, the Red Sox informed Jackie Bradley he was being optioned to Triple-A Pawtucket, according to multiple reports.
The outfielder — who turned 23 years old Friday — played in 12 games for the Red Sox, going 3-for-31 with 12 strikeouts and six walks. Bradley hadn’t collected a hit since April 5 (the Sox’ fourth game of the season). He had gone hitless in his last 22 at-bats.
Bradley was expected to join the PawSox in Rochester, N.Y. Friday.
The move corresponds with the activation of designated hitter David Ortiz, who is expected to be activated Friday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Aaron Kurcz dealt to Atlanta for Anthony Varvaro
- Offseason Notes: Trades, signings, and awards
- Marco Hernandez received from Cubs to complete Doubront trade
- Podcast Ep. 69: Hot Stove on High
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo/Vazquez headline action in Puerto Rico
- Trade analysis: Scouting the players in the Wade Miley deal
- Sox acquire Zeke Spruill for Myles Smith in second D-Backs trade
- Justin Masterson: An unlikely All-Star reunites with the Red Sox
- Trade analysis: Scouting the prospects dealt for Porcello
- Astros select Jason Garcia in Rule 5 draft, trade him to Orioles