Red Sox option Jackie Bradley to Pawtucket
|04.19.13 at 5:56 am ET|
Following Thursday night’s 6-3 win over the Indians in Cleveland, the Red Sox informed Jackie Bradley he was being optioned to Triple-A Pawtucket, according to multiple reports.
The outfielder — who turned 23 years old Friday — played in 12 games for the Red Sox, going 3-for-31 with 12 strikeouts and six walks. Bradley hadn’t collected a hit since April 5 (the Sox’ fourth game of the season). He had gone hitless in his last 22 at-bats.
Bradley was expected to join the PawSox in Rochester, N.Y. Friday.
The move corresponds with the activation of designated hitter David Ortiz, who is expected to be activated Friday.
- Red Sox non-tender Ryan Kalish, Andrew Bailey
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Jesus Loya solid at the plate in Mexico
- Help Wanted: Staff Editor, Scouts
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #48: The Slow Season
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Attention shifts to Caribbean, Jerez shining in Venezuela
- Luis Ortega traded to Brewers for reliever Burke Badenhop
- Red Sox re-sign infielder Brandon Snyder
- Cecchini, Ranaudo, Brentz added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox 40-man roster additions expected
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Surprise wins title, struggles continue for Webster