Red Sox option Jackie Bradley to Pawtucket
|04.19.13 at 5:56 am ET|
Following Thursday night’s 6-3 win over the Indians in Cleveland, the Red Sox informed Jackie Bradley he was being optioned to Triple-A Pawtucket, according to multiple reports.
The outfielder — who turned 23 years old Friday — played in 12 games for the Red Sox, going 3-for-31 with 12 strikeouts and six walks. Bradley hadn’t collected a hit since April 5 (the Sox’ fourth game of the season). He had gone hitless in his last 22 at-bats.
Bradley was expected to join the PawSox in Rochester, N.Y. Friday.
The move corresponds with the activation of designated hitter David Ortiz, who is expected to be activated Friday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Help Wanted: Database Coordinator
- January Notes: Red Sox extend contract with Greenville
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Champions crowned as play concludes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Championship series underway
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Blake Swihart
- Help Wanted: Writers, Editors
- Red Sox bring back Dan Butler on minor league deal
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Eduardo Rodriguez
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramos and Castillo combine for 16 hits
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Henry Owens