Red Sox postpone Friday night’s game with Royals
|04.19.13 at 3:09 pm ET|
The Red Sox announced via Twitter that they have postponed their scheduled game against the Royals, Friday night at Fenway Park, with the manhunt continuing for Suspect Two in the Boston Marathon bombing.
OFFICIAL: Tonight’s Red Sox game at Fenway Park scheduled for 7:10pm has been postponed to support efforts of law enforcement officers.
No make-up date has been scheduled, although this is the only trip to Fenway for the Royals this season.
The Red Sox had waiting for direction from city and state officials before announcing a postponement.
No word yet on tonight’s game as of 1:00pm. We are taking the lead from our state and local officials.
— Boston Red Sox (@RedSox) April 19, 2013
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs
- Cup of Coffee: Salem's narrow loss ends season for whole system
- Podcast Ep. #105: MoncadainBoston
- Cup of Coffee: Devers helps keep Salem alive, Lowell eliminated
- Scouting Scratch: Jason Groome