Red Sox postpone Friday night’s game with Royals
|04.19.13 at 3:09 pm ET|
The Red Sox announced via Twitter that they have postponed their scheduled game against the Royals, Friday night at Fenway Park, with the manhunt continuing for Suspect Two in the Boston Marathon bombing.
OFFICIAL: Tonight’s Red Sox game at Fenway Park scheduled for 7:10pm has been postponed to support efforts of law enforcement officers.
No make-up date has been scheduled, although this is the only trip to Fenway for the Royals this season.
The Red Sox had waiting for direction from city and state officials before announcing a postponement.
No word yet on tonight’s game as of 1:00pm. We are taking the lead from our state and local officials.
— Boston Red Sox (@RedSox) April 19, 2013
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Fort Report: Moncada Madness
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando