Source: Three possible dates to reschedule Friday’s game
|04.19.13 at 3:44 pm ET|
According to a major league source, three possible dates are in play to reschedule Friday’s postponed contest between the Red Sox and the Royals. The teams could reschedule the contest as part of a day-night doubleheader on Saturday or Sunday, or the two teams have a mutual off-day on Monday, July 1 when they could play. July 1 falls in the middle of a Red Sox homestand, while the Royals would have to travel from Minnesota to Boston for a Monday game before heading to Kansas City for the start of a Tuesday contest.
At this point, it remains to be seen if the Red Sox and Royals will play on Saturday. Circumstances in and near Boston will dictate whether or not the teams will be able to take part in their scheduled 1:10 p.m. contest at Fenway Park.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Scouting Report Updates: GCL updates from Fall Instructs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez meet in PR finals
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Leon debuts, Elias strikes out seven
- SoxProspects.com's Top Posts of 2016
- December Notes: Sox deal key prospects for Sale, Thornburg
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Rodriguez tweaks knee, Castillo rakes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramirez debuts, Vazquez homers
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Abad debuts, Hernandez goes deep again
- Scouting Updates: Mata leads group of DSL player page updates
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Eduardo Rodriguez debuts in Venezuela