Source: Three possible dates to reschedule Friday’s game
|04.19.13 at 3:44 pm ET|
According to a major league source, three possible dates are in play to reschedule Friday’s postponed contest between the Red Sox and the Royals. The teams could reschedule the contest as part of a day-night doubleheader on Saturday or Sunday, or the two teams have a mutual off-day on Monday, July 1 when they could play. July 1 falls in the middle of a Red Sox homestand, while the Royals would have to travel from Minnesota to Boston for a Monday game before heading to Kansas City for the start of a Tuesday contest.
At this point, it remains to be seen if the Red Sox and Royals will play on Saturday. Circumstances in and near Boston will dictate whether or not the teams will be able to take part in their scheduled 1:10 p.m. contest at Fenway Park.
- Preliminary 'New Stars for Young Stars' lineup announced
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Big weeks for Acosta and Welch
- Gary DiSarcina named Baseball America Minor League Manager of the Year
- Red Sox non-tender Ryan Kalish, Andrew Bailey
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Jesus Loya solid at the plate in Mexico
- Help Wanted: Staff Editor, Scouts
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #48: The Slow Season
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Attention shifts to Caribbean, Jerez shining in Venezuela
- Luis Ortega traded to Brewers for reliever Burke Badenhop
- Red Sox re-sign infielder Brandon Snyder