Source: Three possible dates to reschedule Friday’s game
|04.19.13 at 3:44 pm ET|
According to a major league source, three possible dates are in play to reschedule Friday’s postponed contest between the Red Sox and the Royals. The teams could reschedule the contest as part of a day-night doubleheader on Saturday or Sunday, or the two teams have a mutual off-day on Monday, July 1 when they could play. July 1 falls in the middle of a Red Sox homestand, while the Royals would have to travel from Minnesota to Boston for a Monday game before heading to Kansas City for the start of a Tuesday contest.
At this point, it remains to be seen if the Red Sox and Royals will play on Saturday. Circumstances in and near Boston will dictate whether or not the teams will be able to take part in their scheduled 1:10 p.m. contest at Fenway Park.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Christian Vazquez
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #67: Reserved at the Reserve List Deadline
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday
- Kukuk arrested, charged with aggravated robbery
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Allen Webster
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Brandon Workman
- Alex Hassan claimed off waivers by Oakland
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: AFL winds down, Vazquez makes debut
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Jackie Bradley, Jr.