Source: Three possible dates to reschedule Friday’s game
|04.19.13 at 3:44 pm ET|
According to a major league source, three possible dates are in play to reschedule Friday’s postponed contest between the Red Sox and the Royals. The teams could reschedule the contest as part of a day-night doubleheader on Saturday or Sunday, or the two teams have a mutual off-day on Monday, July 1 when they could play. July 1 falls in the middle of a Red Sox homestand, while the Royals would have to travel from Minnesota to Boston for a Monday game before heading to Kansas City for the start of a Tuesday contest.
At this point, it remains to be seen if the Red Sox and Royals will play on Saturday. Circumstances in and near Boston will dictate whether or not the teams will be able to take part in their scheduled 1:10 p.m. contest at Fenway Park.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox purchase contract of pitcher Noe Ramirez
- Johnson named to International League All-Star Team
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech goes six strong, Nava returns to Pawtucket
- Red Sox sign two as international signing period opens
- Cup of Coffee: Devers hits clutch homer, GCL Sox remain unbeaten
- Podcast Ep. 79: Promotions, Signings, Rankings, Fireworks?
- Five Sea Dogs chosen for Eastern League All-Star team
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza and Owens pitch well, Basabe leads Lowell
- Red Sox sign five more draftees, including first-round pick Benintendi
- 2015 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free! (close to goal)