Source: Three possible dates to reschedule Friday’s game
|04.19.13 at 3:44 pm ET|
According to a major league source, three possible dates are in play to reschedule Friday’s postponed contest between the Red Sox and the Royals. The teams could reschedule the contest as part of a day-night doubleheader on Saturday or Sunday, or the two teams have a mutual off-day on Monday, July 1 when they could play. July 1 falls in the middle of a Red Sox homestand, while the Royals would have to travel from Minnesota to Boston for a Monday game before heading to Kansas City for the start of a Tuesday contest.
At this point, it remains to be seen if the Red Sox and Royals will play on Saturday. Circumstances in and near Boston will dictate whether or not the teams will be able to take part in their scheduled 1:10 p.m. contest at Fenway Park.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Keith Couch strong for Portland; Salem walk off
- Reports: Red Sox sign Cuban OF Rusney Castillo
- Cup of Coffee: Miller homer lifts Portland following Rodriguez gem
- Barnes continues resurgence behind explosive fastball, strong curve
- Cup of Coffee: Barnes impresses in shutout victory
- Cup of Coffee: Ranaudo shuts out Lehigh Valley
- Players of the Week, 8/11-17: Keith Couch & Keury De La Cruz
- Cup of Coffee: Top picks Chavis and Kopech key GCL Sox win
- Jackie Bradley, Jr. optioned to Pawtucket, Betts called up to Boston
- Weekly Notes: Margot's break out continues in Salem