Red Sox reschedule Friday’s game for Sunday night
|04.20.13 at 10:55 am ET|
The Red Sox announced that Friday’s contest against the Royals, which was postponed during a city-wide shelter-in-place order, will be made up as the second game of a Sunday night day-night doubleheader. The contest that had been scheduled for Friday will start at 7:00 p.m. on Sunday, April 21, with tickets for Friday’s game good for admission on Sunday night. The day game will start, as scheduled at 1:35 p.m.
The Red Sox also announced that pregame ceremonies for Saturday’s game between the Red Sox and Royals will start at 12:55 p.m. Fans are asked to show up early to allow for extra time to pass through security.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- MLB Reportedly 'Looking Into' Ortiz's Comments for Tampering
- Red Sox Pay Heavy, but Necessary Price to Go for It with Pomeranz
- Moncada Primed to Make Phenom-Loaded Red Sox Even Richer
- Craig Kimbrel Injury Updates on Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Latest on Brad Ziegler to Red Sox
- Brewers Trade INF Aaron Hill to Red Sox
- Bradley, Betts, and Bogaerts Give MLB a New-Age 'Killer B's'
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects four hits, Kemp blasts two homers
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero and Devers homer, Dalbec debuts
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts in left, Basabe stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Boyd spins gem, Hill stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Mendoza leads DSL 1 in lone affiliate victory
- Scouting Scratch: Tate Matheny and Kyri Washington
- Cup of Coffee: Kent dominates, Devers scores game-winner
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada homers twice, Kopech strikes out nine
- Podcast Ep. #102: Groome signs, Dave deals, podcast delivered
- Weekly Notes: Groome signs, Espinoza traded, Marrero is All-Star MVP