Red Sox Game 1 lineup: Shane Victorino sits, Daniel Nava in right
|04.21.13 at 10:03 am ET|
For the first time this year, Daniel Nava is starting in right field for the Red Sox as Shane Victorino — who suffered some tightness in his lower back in the late innings on Saturday — is out of the lineup for the first time. Nava, who hit the game-winning three-run homer on Saturday, is making his third career start in right while batting second against Royals right-hander Ervin Santana. Jonny Gomes gets the start in left field. With Ryan Dempster on the mound in Game 1 of the day-night doubleheader, Jarrod Saltalamacchia will be behind the plate.
RED SOX GAME 1 LINEUP
Ryan Dempster, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- David Price Allowed 5 ER in 3.1 IP and Is Now 0-8 in Career Postseason...
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller