Red Sox Game 1 lineup: Shane Victorino sits, Daniel Nava in right
|04.21.13 at 10:03 am ET|
For the first time this year, Daniel Nava is starting in right field for the Red Sox as Shane Victorino — who suffered some tightness in his lower back in the late innings on Saturday — is out of the lineup for the first time. Nava, who hit the game-winning three-run homer on Saturday, is making his third career start in right while batting second against Royals right-hander Ervin Santana. Jonny Gomes gets the start in left field. With Ryan Dempster on the mound in Game 1 of the day-night doubleheader, Jarrod Saltalamacchia will be behind the plate.
RED SOX GAME 1 LINEUP
Ryan Dempster, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Scouting Scratch: Yoan Moncada
- Owens reassigned to minors in latest roster cuts; Boggs released
- The Write-Up: More reports from Fort Myers
- Karsten Whitson close to his old self in Red Sox system
- 2015 Spring Training Reports
- With injury behind him, Longhi honing selective approach this spring
- Podcast Ep. 71: Spring Training Reports!
- Scouting Scratch: Trey Ball
- Fort Report: SoxProspects crew arrives in Fort Myers
- The Write-Up: More from the Fort