Red Sox Game 1 lineup: Shane Victorino sits, Daniel Nava in right
|04.21.13 at 10:03 am ET|
For the first time this year, Daniel Nava is starting in right field for the Red Sox as Shane Victorino — who suffered some tightness in his lower back in the late innings on Saturday — is out of the lineup for the first time. Nava, who hit the game-winning three-run homer on Saturday, is making his third career start in right while batting second against Royals right-hander Ervin Santana. Jonny Gomes gets the start in left field. With Ryan Dempster on the mound in Game 1 of the day-night doubleheader, Jarrod Saltalamacchia will be behind the plate.
RED SOX GAME 1 LINEUP
Ryan Dempster, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox purchase contract of pitcher Noe Ramirez
- Johnson named to International League All-Star Team
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech goes six strong, Nava returns to Pawtucket
- Red Sox sign two as international signing period opens
- Cup of Coffee: Devers hits clutch homer, GCL Sox remain unbeaten
- Podcast Ep. 79: Promotions, Signings, Rankings, Fireworks?
- Five Sea Dogs chosen for Eastern League All-Star team
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza and Owens pitch well, Basabe leads Lowell
- Red Sox sign five more draftees, including first-round pick Benintendi
- 2015 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free! (close to goal)