Red Sox Game 2 Lineup: David Ortiz, Stephen Drew sit; Shane Victorino remains out
|04.21.13 at 6:14 pm ET|
The Red Sox will feature a considerably different batting order in Game 2 of the doubleheader than they did in the first contest. David Ortiz, Stephen Drew and Jonny Gomes will sit, replaced in the lineup by Mike Carp (starting in left field), David Ross (catching, with Jarrod Saltalamacchia serving as DH) and Pedro Ciriaco (shortstop). Shane Victorino, according to manager John Farrell, is “much improved” in his recovery from lower back spasms experienced Saturday, but he remains out for the second game of the double header.
Ross will be working with right-hander Allen Webster in his big league debut. The Sox will face Royals right-hander Jeremy Guthrie.
RED SOX LINEUP
Allen Webster, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Betts Has Real Chance of Crashing AL MVP Party
- MLB Betting Preview: Red Sox vs. Orioles Odds, Analysis
- David Ortiz Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Foot
- Can Benintendi Be Pennant Race Difference-Maker?
- Updates on Red Sox Star Hanley Ramirez's Injury
- Andrew Benintendi Recalled from Double-a
- Fernando Abad to Red Sox
- Scouting Scratch: Mike Shawaryn and Shaun Anderson
- Cup of Coffee: LaMarre powers Pawtucket, Kopech whiffs 10
- After draft slide, Shawaryn regaining peak form in Lowell
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada shows off power and defense as he eyes the big leagues
- 2014 First-rounder Michael Chavis promoted to High A Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Jason Groome era begins with two scoreless innings
- Weekly Notes: Groome debuts, Kopech and Dalbec stay hot
- Cup of Coffee: Salem wins 10th straight, Hill, Tubbs carry Lowell
- Podcast Ep. #104: BeninBoston
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Luis Alexander Basabe