Red Sox Game 2 Lineup: David Ortiz, Stephen Drew sit; Shane Victorino remains out
|04.21.13 at 6:14 pm ET|
The Red Sox will feature a considerably different batting order in Game 2 of the doubleheader than they did in the first contest. David Ortiz, Stephen Drew and Jonny Gomes will sit, replaced in the lineup by Mike Carp (starting in left field), David Ross (catching, with Jarrod Saltalamacchia serving as DH) and Pedro Ciriaco (shortstop). Shane Victorino, according to manager John Farrell, is “much improved” in his recovery from lower back spasms experienced Saturday, but he remains out for the second game of the double header.
Ross will be working with right-hander Allen Webster in his big league debut. The Sox will face Royals right-hander Jeremy Guthrie.
RED SOX LINEUP
Allen Webster, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs
- Cup of Coffee: Salem's narrow loss ends season for whole system
- Podcast Ep. #105: MoncadainBoston