Red Sox Game 2 Lineup: David Ortiz, Stephen Drew sit; Shane Victorino remains out
|04.21.13 at 6:14 pm ET|
The Red Sox will feature a considerably different batting order in Game 2 of the doubleheader than they did in the first contest. David Ortiz, Stephen Drew and Jonny Gomes will sit, replaced in the lineup by Mike Carp (starting in left field), David Ross (catching, with Jarrod Saltalamacchia serving as DH) and Pedro Ciriaco (shortstop). Shane Victorino, according to manager John Farrell, is “much improved” in his recovery from lower back spasms experienced Saturday, but he remains out for the second game of the double header.
Ross will be working with right-hander Allen Webster in his big league debut. The Sox will face Royals right-hander Jeremy Guthrie.
RED SOX LINEUP
Allen Webster, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Chris Sale Can Learn from David Price's Letdown Red Sox Debut Season
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Key Questions That Need Answering in Spring Training
- Boston Red Sox: 4 Last-Minute Moves They Should Consider
- David Ortiz's No. 34 to Be Retired by Red Sox: Details and Reaction
- Boston Red Sox: Ranking the Top 10 Prospects Ahead of Spring Training
- Red Sox Spring Training 2017 Preview: Predictions, Players to Watch and...
- Fall/Winter Roundup: Castillo and Puerto Rico capture Caribbean Series title
- Former top 20 prospect Acosta returns to camp with Red Sox in DR
- January Notes: Devers invited to camp; Benintendi gets press
- Fall/Winter Roundup: Castillo leads Caguas to PR championship
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez impress in PR finals
- Scouting Report Update: Groome, Shawaryn lead first Lowell updates
- Scouting Report Updates: GCL updates from Fall Instructs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez meet in PR finals
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Leon debuts, Elias strikes out seven
- SoxProspects.com's Top Posts of 2016