Red Sox Game 2 Lineup: David Ortiz, Stephen Drew sit; Shane Victorino remains out
|04.21.13 at 6:14 pm ET|
The Red Sox will feature a considerably different batting order in Game 2 of the doubleheader than they did in the first contest. David Ortiz, Stephen Drew and Jonny Gomes will sit, replaced in the lineup by Mike Carp (starting in left field), David Ross (catching, with Jarrod Saltalamacchia serving as DH) and Pedro Ciriaco (shortstop). Shane Victorino, according to manager John Farrell, is “much improved” in his recovery from lower back spasms experienced Saturday, but he remains out for the second game of the double header.
Ross will be working with right-hander Allen Webster in his big league debut. The Sox will face Royals right-hander Jeremy Guthrie.
RED SOX LINEUP
Allen Webster, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Cup of Coffee: Rodriguez tosses complete game, Kopech stymies Asheville
- Cup of Coffee: McCarthy pitches Portland past Thunder
- Cup of Coffee: Gunkel perfect in relief, Miller walks off for Greenville
- Cup of Coffee: Dahlstrand cruises again in Salem's win
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson tosses complete game shutout
- Cup of Coffee: Chavis homers in 10th inning to lead Drive
- Weekly Notes: Blake Swihart's hot start; Rusney Castillo on the mend
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas struggles with command, Barnes bounces back
- Cup of Coffee: Swihart leads PawSox hit parade, Rodriguez earns first win
- Cup of Coffee: Ball stymies Mudcats, Brentz leads Pawtucket past Rochester