Red Sox Game 2 Lineup: David Ortiz, Stephen Drew sit; Shane Victorino remains out
|04.21.13 at 6:14 pm ET|
The Red Sox will feature a considerably different batting order in Game 2 of the doubleheader than they did in the first contest. David Ortiz, Stephen Drew and Jonny Gomes will sit, replaced in the lineup by Mike Carp (starting in left field), David Ross (catching, with Jarrod Saltalamacchia serving as DH) and Pedro Ciriaco (shortstop). Shane Victorino, according to manager John Farrell, is “much improved” in his recovery from lower back spasms experienced Saturday, but he remains out for the second game of the double header.
Ross will be working with right-hander Allen Webster in his big league debut. The Sox will face Royals right-hander Jeremy Guthrie.
RED SOX LINEUP
Allen Webster, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- The Write-Up: Henry Owens
- Cup of Coffee: Stankiewicz fires eight-inning gem to lead Salem
- Weekly Notes: The Yoan Moncada era begins
- Cup of Coffee: Ball shuts down Dash offense, Callahan has wild outing
- Cup of Coffee: Witte walks off for Portland, Buttrey goes seven strong for Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech drives Greenville past Charleston
- Cup of Coffee: Gunkel grabs first Double-A win, Craig reaches five times
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada breaks out, PawSox lose heartbreaker
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson goes six strong, Moncada picks up first hit
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada era begins; phenom scores twice in slugfest