Red Sox lineup: David Ortiz will sit Tuesday against Athletics
|04.23.13 at 3:21 pm ET|
David Ortiz, who went 1-for-4 with a double and a walk on Monday but appeared to hobble from home to second and then from second to home on a Mike Napoli double in the second inning, is out of the Red Sox lineup against the A’s and Bartolo Colon on Tuesday night at Fenway Park. However, it’s worth noting that Ortiz has struggled in his career against Colon, hitting just .130 with a .200 OBP and .217 slugging mark in 50 career plate appearances against him. With Ortiz out of the lineup, Jonny Gomes (.385/.429/1.000 against Colon) is slated to serve as DH.
Alfredo Aceves, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players
- Podcast Ep. #112: If He Dies, He Dies
- Fort Report: Benintendi to bat third in Boston?