Red Sox lineup: David Ortiz will sit Tuesday against Athletics
|04.23.13 at 3:21 pm ET|
David Ortiz, who went 1-for-4 with a double and a walk on Monday but appeared to hobble from home to second and then from second to home on a Mike Napoli double in the second inning, is out of the Red Sox lineup against the A’s and Bartolo Colon on Tuesday night at Fenway Park. However, it’s worth noting that Ortiz has struggled in his career against Colon, hitting just .130 with a .200 OBP and .217 slugging mark in 50 career plate appearances against him. With Ortiz out of the lineup, Jonny Gomes (.385/.429/1.000 against Colon) is slated to serve as DH.
Alfredo Aceves, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- 2016 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Scouting Scratch: Josh Pennington, Darwinzon Hernandez and Gerson Bautista
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi celebrates Futures Game selection with four-hit night
- Moncada and Benintendi named to Futures Game
- Cup of Coffee: Wilkerson strikes out eight to make his case
- Podcast Ep. #100: Your regularly scheduled June programming
- Red Sox promote Miller, option Cuevas
- Weekly Notes: Promotions continue and scouting notes
- Cup of Coffee: Ball great again, Benintendi stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, O'Sullivan impress on the mound