Daniel Nava not on All-Star ballot; Hasn’t made All-Star team since Little League
|04.24.13 at 3:22 pm ET|
It’s never been easy for Daniel Nava, so why start now?
Major League Baseball announced the players will be appearing on the All-Star ballot, and Nava isn’t listed as one of the voting options among Red Sox‘ outfielders. The three Sox outfielders on the ballot are Shane Victorino, Jonny Gomes and Jacoby Ellsbury.
Nava entered Wednesday carrying the ninth-best OPS in the American League (.975). It is the third-best among AL outfielders.
Nava said the last time he was named an All-Star was in Independent League baseball, but he hasn’t actually played in an All-Star Game since Little League.
‘I think that was the last one,’ he said. ‘It would be pretty crazy being in that conversation just knowing everything that has transpired. Going from when it last happened in Little League to if it ever happened ‘¦ I don’t know. That would be pretty humbling. I never thought it would happen, so we’ll see.’
The switch-hitting Nava, who wasn’t in the starting lineup Wednesday, is hitting .302 with four home runs.
David Ortiz represented the Red Sox as their only All-Star in 2012.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- SoxProspects Staff Announcement: Promotions and new hires!
- Hanley Ramirez: A former top prospect returns
- Ryan Lavarnway designated for assignment as Sandoval signs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez shines in Puerto Rico
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Xander Bogaerts
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Mookie Betts
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Christian Vazquez
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #67: Reserved at the Reserve List Deadline
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday