Daniel Nava not on All-Star ballot; Hasn’t made All-Star team since Little League
|04.24.13 at 3:22 pm ET|
It’s never been easy for Daniel Nava, so why start now?
Major League Baseball announced the players will be appearing on the All-Star ballot, and Nava isn’t listed as one of the voting options among Red Sox‘ outfielders. The three Sox outfielders on the ballot are Shane Victorino, Jonny Gomes and Jacoby Ellsbury.
Nava entered Wednesday carrying the ninth-best OPS in the American League (.975). It is the third-best among AL outfielders.
Nava said the last time he was named an All-Star was in Independent League baseball, but he hasn’t actually played in an All-Star Game since Little League.
‘I think that was the last one,’ he said. ‘It would be pretty crazy being in that conversation just knowing everything that has transpired. Going from when it last happened in Little League to if it ever happened ‘¦ I don’t know. That would be pretty humbling. I never thought it would happen, so we’ll see.’
The switch-hitting Nava, who wasn’t in the starting lineup Wednesday, is hitting .302 with four home runs.
David Ortiz represented the Red Sox as their only All-Star in 2012.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- MLB Reportedly 'Looking Into' Ortiz's Comments for Tampering
- Red Sox Pay Heavy, but Necessary Price to Go for It with Pomeranz
- Moncada Primed to Make Phenom-Loaded Red Sox Even Richer
- Craig Kimbrel Injury Updates on Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Latest on Brad Ziegler to Red Sox
- Brewers Trade INF Aaron Hill to Red Sox
- Bradley, Betts, and Bogaerts Give MLB a New-Age 'Killer B's'
- Cup of Coffee: Sermo homers three times; Basabe keeps streaking
- Scouting Scratch: Luis Alexander Basabe and Michael Chavis
- Cup of Coffee: Procyshen homers, Benintendi triples in victories
- Podcast Ep. #103: Yes Devers loves me, the homers tell me so
- Weekly notes: Benintendi moves to left field
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects four hits, Kemp blasts two homers
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero and Devers homer, Dalbec debuts
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts in left, Basabe stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Boyd spins gem, Hill stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Mendoza leads DSL 1 in lone affiliate victory