Daniel Nava not on All-Star ballot; Hasn’t made All-Star team since Little League
|04.24.13 at 3:22 pm ET|
It’s never been easy for Daniel Nava, so why start now?
Major League Baseball announced the players will be appearing on the All-Star ballot, and Nava isn’t listed as one of the voting options among Red Sox‘ outfielders. The three Sox outfielders on the ballot are Shane Victorino, Jonny Gomes and Jacoby Ellsbury.
Nava entered Wednesday carrying the ninth-best OPS in the American League (.975). It is the third-best among AL outfielders.
Nava said the last time he was named an All-Star was in Independent League baseball, but he hasn’t actually played in an All-Star Game since Little League.
‘I think that was the last one,’ he said. ‘It would be pretty crazy being in that conversation just knowing everything that has transpired. Going from when it last happened in Little League to if it ever happened ‘¦ I don’t know. That would be pretty humbling. I never thought it would happen, so we’ll see.’
The switch-hitting Nava, who wasn’t in the starting lineup Wednesday, is hitting .302 with four home runs.
David Ortiz represented the Red Sox as their only All-Star in 2012.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Shaw Becoming Star After Being Thrown in Spotlight by Sandoval Benching
- Ortiz, Red Sox Look Headed for 1 More Exciting Run
- Updates on Xander Bogaerts' Wrist and Return
- Latest Updates on Joe Kelly's Injury
- Even Price Can't Stop Red Sox Rotation Giving Bad Feeling of Deja Vu
- Sandoval's Ex-Trainer Says He Has Eating Problem
- Ortiz Closing in on Top 25 in Career Home Runs
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas and Maxwell lead the PawSox
- Podcast Ep. 95: One month in, start it up again
- Weekly Notes: Rodriguez, Smith begin rehab assignments
- Cup of Coffee: Rijo breaks out, rain washes Salem and Greenville
- Cup of Coffee: Haley, Lakins continue strong starts
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi continues surge, Smith rehabs
- Cup of Coffee: E-Rod rehabs, Ball debuts, Benintendi big again
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi powers Salem past Frederick
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Michael Chavis
- Cup of Coffee: Kyri Washington rips pair of doubles in Greenville loss