Shane Victorino leaves game due to injury
|04.24.13 at 6:41 pm ET|
Red Sox right fielder Shane Victorino left his team’s game after the bottom of the sixth injury with an apparent injury. On a groundout to short in the sixth, Victorino could barely muster a jog down the first base line. After he was thrown out, he headed immediately down the tunnel with a team trainer, and the decision was made to remove him from the game for the top of the seventh inning, with Mike Carp entering the game in left field and Daniel Nava moving from left to right.
This represented the second time in five days that Victorino left a game due to injury. He also exited Saturday’s game due to tightness in his lower back, a condition that required him to sit out of Sunday’s day-night doubleheader against the Royals.
Victorino was 1-for-4 with a double and an RBI before his exit.
More information will be offered as the nature of Victorino’s injury gains detail.
For more Red Sox coverage, visit weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- MLB Reportedly 'Looking Into' Ortiz's Comments for Tampering
- Red Sox Pay Heavy, but Necessary Price to Go for It with Pomeranz
- Moncada Primed to Make Phenom-Loaded Red Sox Even Richer
- Craig Kimbrel Injury Updates on Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Latest on Brad Ziegler to Red Sox
- Brewers Trade INF Aaron Hill to Red Sox
- Bradley, Betts, and Bogaerts Give MLB a New-Age 'Killer B's'
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts in left, Basabe stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Boyd spins gem, Hill stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Mendoza leads DSL 1 in lone affiliate victory
- Scouting Scratch: Tate Matheny and Kyri Washington
- Cup of Coffee: Kent dominates, Devers scores game-winner
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada homers twice, Kopech strikes out nine
- Podcast Ep. #102: Groome signs, Dave deals, podcast delivered
- Weekly Notes: Groome signs, Espinoza traded, Marrero is All-Star MVP
- Cup of Coffee: Salem walks off, Hill rakes in Lowell loss
- Cup of Coffee: Basabe reaches base four times for Greenville