Red Sox lineup: Jonny Gomes, David Ross start vs. LHP Mark Buehrle
|05.01.13 at 2:54 pm ET|
With the Red Sox facing Blue Jays left-hander Mark Buehrle, the Red Sox will alter their lineup to feature Jonny Gomes in left field and batting second and David Ross behind the plate to catch Clay Buchholz, manager John Farrell said on WEEI’s Salk & Holley Show.
Gomes is 6-for-13 with a double and triple in his career against Buehrle. Ross is 2-for-5 against the veteran while the man whom he will replace in the lineup, Jarrod Saltalamacchia, is 0-for-3 against him.
RED SOX LINEUP
Clay Buchholz, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Perth heads to the playoffs
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings
- Red Sox acquire Danny Rosenbaum from Nationals for Dan Butler
- Red Sox announce front office moves
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Playoffs begin, Marban pitches well in Australia