Red Sox lineup: Jonny Gomes, David Ross start vs. LHP Mark Buehrle
|05.01.13 at 2:54 pm ET|
With the Red Sox facing Blue Jays left-hander Mark Buehrle, the Red Sox will alter their lineup to feature Jonny Gomes in left field and batting second and David Ross behind the plate to catch Clay Buchholz, manager John Farrell said on WEEI’s Salk & Holley Show.
Gomes is 6-for-13 with a double and triple in his career against Buehrle. Ross is 2-for-5 against the veteran while the man whom he will replace in the lineup, Jarrod Saltalamacchia, is 0-for-3 against him.
RED SOX LINEUP
Clay Buchholz, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs