Red Sox lineup: Jonny Gomes, David Ross start vs. LHP Mark Buehrle
|05.01.13 at 2:54 pm ET|
With the Red Sox facing Blue Jays left-hander Mark Buehrle, the Red Sox will alter their lineup to feature Jonny Gomes in left field and batting second and David Ross behind the plate to catch Clay Buchholz, manager John Farrell said on WEEI’s Salk & Holley Show.
Gomes is 6-for-13 with a double and triple in his career against Buehrle. Ross is 2-for-5 against the veteran while the man whom he will replace in the lineup, Jarrod Saltalamacchia, is 0-for-3 against him.
RED SOX LINEUP
Clay Buchholz, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday
- Kukuk arrested, charged with aggravated robbery
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Allen Webster
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Brandon Workman
- Alex Hassan claimed off waivers by Oakland
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: AFL winds down, Vazquez makes debut
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Jackie Bradley, Jr.
- Red Sox name Mike Rikard Director of Amateur Scouting
- Top 40 in Review: Blake Swihart