Red Sox lineup: Jonny Gomes, David Ross start vs. LHP Mark Buehrle
|05.01.13 at 2:54 pm ET|
With the Red Sox facing Blue Jays left-hander Mark Buehrle, the Red Sox will alter their lineup to feature Jonny Gomes in left field and batting second and David Ross behind the plate to catch Clay Buchholz, manager John Farrell said on WEEI’s Salk & Holley Show.
Gomes is 6-for-13 with a double and triple in his career against Buehrle. Ross is 2-for-5 against the veteran while the man whom he will replace in the lineup, Jarrod Saltalamacchia, is 0-for-3 against him.
RED SOX LINEUP
Clay Buchholz, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- David Price Allowed 5 ER in 3.1 IP and Is Now 0-8 in Career Postseason...
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller