Red Sox lineup: Jonny Gomes, David Ross start vs. LHP Mark Buehrle
|05.01.13 at 2:54 pm ET|
With the Red Sox facing Blue Jays left-hander Mark Buehrle, the Red Sox will alter their lineup to feature Jonny Gomes in left field and batting second and David Ross behind the plate to catch Clay Buchholz, manager John Farrell said on WEEI’s Salk & Holley Show.
Gomes is 6-for-13 with a double and triple in his career against Buehrle. Ross is 2-for-5 against the veteran while the man whom he will replace in the lineup, Jarrod Saltalamacchia, is 0-for-3 against him.
RED SOX LINEUP
Clay Buchholz, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- With new delivery honed, Haley looks to build on breakout season
- Scouting Scratch: Yoan Moncada
- Owens reassigned to minors in latest roster cuts; Boggs released
- The Write-Up: More reports from Fort Myers
- Karsten Whitson close to his old self in Red Sox system
- 2015 Spring Training Reports
- With injury behind him, Longhi honing selective approach this spring
- Podcast Ep. 71: Spring Training Reports!
- Scouting Scratch: Trey Ball
- Fort Report: SoxProspects crew arrives in Fort Myers