Red Sox lineup: David Ortiz sits; Jonny Gomes, Mike Carp, David Ross in lineup
|05.02.13 at 2:58 pm ET|
With left-hander J.A. Happ on the mound for the Blue Jays, the Red Sox will give David Ortiz his second game off since returning from the disabled list. With the slugger sitting, Mike Napoli will hit cleanup and serve as the designated hitter, while Mike Carp gets a start at first base. Meanwhile, David Ross will start his second straight contest with the Sox facing their second southpaw in as many nights.
Ross will catch Ryan Dempster, who will be looking to set a Red Sox record by recording his sixth straight game of seven or more strikeouts at the start of his run with the team. He is currently tied with Pedro Martinez for the longest such run in franchise history with five straight starts of seven or more punchouts.
RED SOX LINEUP
Ryan Dempster, SP
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Aaron Kurcz dealt to Atlanta for Anthony Varvaro
- Offseason Notes: Trades, signings, and awards
- Marco Hernandez received from Cubs to complete Doubront trade
- Podcast Ep. 69: Hot Stove on High
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo/Vazquez headline action in Puerto Rico
- Trade analysis: Scouting the players in the Wade Miley deal
- Sox acquire Zeke Spruill for Myles Smith in second D-Backs trade
- Justin Masterson: An unlikely All-Star reunites with the Red Sox
- Trade analysis: Scouting the prospects dealt for Porcello
- Astros select Jason Garcia in Rule 5 draft, trade him to Orioles