Craig Breslow throws a perfect inning for Pawtucket
|05.04.13 at 3:26 pm ET|
For the first time in his five rehab appearances, left-hander Craig Breslow logged a perfect inning on Saturday for Triple-A Pawtucket. Breslow, working his way back from shoulder tendinitis that forced his first career trip to the disabled list, got a first-pitch groundout, a two-pitch pop-up before finishing his outing with a swing-and-miss strikeout. He threw just nine pitches, six for strikes.
In four appearances with Pawtucket, Breslow has allowed one run in 3 2/3 innings while striking out four, walking three and permitting four hits. He also made a rehab appearance with Double-A Portland in which he permitted all four batters whom he faced to reach base.
The Sox suggested that their plan with the 32-year-old was to have him get through this rehab appearance before making an evaluation of his readiness to rejoin the team in the big leagues. Breslow suggested after his May 2 appearance that he hoped to be ready for activation after his Saturday appearance.
Breslow would give the Sox a second left-handed option out of their bullpen, joining Andrew Miller. He had a 2.70 ERA with 61 strikeouts and 22 walks in 63 1/3 innings for the Diamondbacks and Red Sox last year.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs
- Cup of Coffee: Salem's narrow loss ends season for whole system
- Podcast Ep. #105: MoncadainBoston
- Cup of Coffee: Devers helps keep Salem alive, Lowell eliminated