Reliever Andrew Bailey set for exam and MRI; DL possible
|05.05.13 at 2:07 pm ET|
Red Sox reliever Andrew Bailey will have an exam and an MRI after sitting for roughly a week because of what is being called biceps soreness. Manager John Farrell was asked Sunday if it was possible the righty would have to go on the disabled list, and Farrell said the team would likely “have more information on that that” when the team returns to Boston.
“He’s got an exam scheduled for tomorrow morning, as much to give him some peace of mind in what he’s dealing with, because it’s in that last 10 percent of intensity where he feels some of the symptoms he’s going through,” Farrell told reporters in Texas. “For our own information and his peace of mind, we’ve got to get that looked at thoroughly.’
In 13 games this season, Bailey is 1-0 with a 1.46 ERA and has converted five saves in six chances in 12 1/3 innings of work. He last pitched April 28 against Houston, meaning that if he were to land on the DL, his stint could be backdated to April 29 — with Sunday marking the seventh day of a potential stint on the 15-day DL.
For more Red Sox news, check out weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- MLB Reportedly 'Looking Into' Ortiz's Comments for Tampering
- Red Sox Pay Heavy, but Necessary Price to Go for It with Pomeranz
- Moncada Primed to Make Phenom-Loaded Red Sox Even Richer
- Craig Kimbrel Injury Updates on Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Latest on Brad Ziegler to Red Sox
- Brewers Trade INF Aaron Hill to Red Sox
- Bradley, Betts, and Bogaerts Give MLB a New-Age 'Killer B's'
- Cup of Coffee: Portland mashes, Johnson headlines strong night of pitching
- Cup of Coffee: Chatham comes up clutch, Downs lifts Lowell
- Scouting Scratch: Henry Owens
- Cup of Coffee: Chris Marrero, pitching help PawSox clip Red Wings
- Cup of Coffee: Sermo homers three times; Basabe keeps streaking
- Scouting Scratch: Luis Alexander Basabe and Michael Chavis
- Cup of Coffee: Procyshen homers, Benintendi triples in victories
- Podcast Ep. #103: Yes Devers loves me, the homers tell me so
- Weekly notes: Benintendi moves to left field
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects four hits, Kemp blasts two homers