Reliever Andrew Bailey set for exam and MRI; DL possible
|05.05.13 at 2:07 pm ET|
Red Sox reliever Andrew Bailey will have an exam and an MRI after sitting for roughly a week because of what is being called biceps soreness. Manager John Farrell was asked Sunday if it was possible the righty would have to go on the disabled list, and Farrell said the team would likely “have more information on that that” when the team returns to Boston.
“He’s got an exam scheduled for tomorrow morning, as much to give him some peace of mind in what he’s dealing with, because it’s in that last 10 percent of intensity where he feels some of the symptoms he’s going through,” Farrell told reporters in Texas. “For our own information and his peace of mind, we’ve got to get that looked at thoroughly.’
In 13 games this season, Bailey is 1-0 with a 1.46 ERA and has converted five saves in six chances in 12 1/3 innings of work. He last pitched April 28 against Houston, meaning that if he were to land on the DL, his stint could be backdated to April 29 — with Sunday marking the seventh day of a potential stint on the 15-day DL.
For more Red Sox news, check out weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- Ortiz Ties Jimmie Foxx for 18th on All-Time Home Runs List
- Pedroia Has Become Forgotten Star in Red Sox's Booming Offense
- Andrew Benintendi Injury: Updates on Red Sox OF's Knee, Return
- Buchholz Can Still Play Big Part in Red Sox's Title Hopes
- Porcello's Resurgence Worth Every Penny of Extension
- Betts Has Real Chance of Crashing AL MVP Party
- Cup of Coffee: DSL Red Sox2 break out brooms; Dalbec keeps raking
- Return to past hitting mechanics fueling Bobby Dalbec's success
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero and LaMarre lead the way for PawSox
- Weekly Notes: Moncada, Devers, Tavarez nab postseason awards
- Cup of Coffee: Salem walks off, Downs homers
- Cup of Coffee: Groome impresses while Johnson falters
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects five hits, Chatham belts two homers
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon comes up clutch, Dalbec stays hot for Lowell
- Scouting Scratch: Mike Shawaryn and Shaun Anderson
- Cup of Coffee: LaMarre powers Pawtucket, Kopech whiffs 10