Reliever Andrew Bailey set for exam and MRI; DL possible
|05.05.13 at 2:07 pm ET|
Red Sox reliever Andrew Bailey will have an exam and an MRI after sitting for roughly a week because of what is being called biceps soreness. Manager John Farrell was asked Sunday if it was possible the righty would have to go on the disabled list, and Farrell said the team would likely “have more information on that that” when the team returns to Boston.
“He’s got an exam scheduled for tomorrow morning, as much to give him some peace of mind in what he’s dealing with, because it’s in that last 10 percent of intensity where he feels some of the symptoms he’s going through,” Farrell told reporters in Texas. “For our own information and his peace of mind, we’ve got to get that looked at thoroughly.’
In 13 games this season, Bailey is 1-0 with a 1.46 ERA and has converted five saves in six chances in 12 1/3 innings of work. He last pitched April 28 against Houston, meaning that if he were to land on the DL, his stint could be backdated to April 29 — with Sunday marking the seventh day of a potential stint on the 15-day DL.
For more Red Sox news, check out weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Fort Report: Another round of cuts as Opening Day nears
- Podcast Ep. #114: Straight Outta A-Ball
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players