Reliever Andrew Bailey set for exam and MRI; DL possible
|05.05.13 at 2:07 pm ET|
Red Sox reliever Andrew Bailey will have an exam and an MRI after sitting for roughly a week because of what is being called biceps soreness. Manager John Farrell was asked Sunday if it was possible the righty would have to go on the disabled list, and Farrell said the team would likely “have more information on that that” when the team returns to Boston.
“He’s got an exam scheduled for tomorrow morning, as much to give him some peace of mind in what he’s dealing with, because it’s in that last 10 percent of intensity where he feels some of the symptoms he’s going through,” Farrell told reporters in Texas. “For our own information and his peace of mind, we’ve got to get that looked at thoroughly.’
In 13 games this season, Bailey is 1-0 with a 1.46 ERA and has converted five saves in six chances in 12 1/3 innings of work. He last pitched April 28 against Houston, meaning that if he were to land on the DL, his stint could be backdated to April 29 — with Sunday marking the seventh day of a potential stint on the 15-day DL.
For more Red Sox news, check out weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- David Ortiz Discusses Retirement from Baseball, Time with Red Sox
- Jackie Bradley Jr. Is Now a Red Sox Star
- Big Papi Cementing His Legend with a Bang
- Ortiz Passes Banks, Mathews for 22nd Place on MLB's HR List
- Red Sox's High-Octane Offense Fueling Rise Back to Prominence
- Red Sox Score Double-Digit Runs for 4th Consecutive Game
- Red Sox 1st Team Since 1999 to Score 13+ Runs in 3 Straight
- Cup of Coffee: Rodriguez fires seven strong innings in rehab start
- Cup of Coffee: Raudes strikes out eight over six scoreless frames
- Weekly Notes: Rodriguez to start tomorrow for Pawtucket
- Cup of Coffee: Ball shines again for Salem
- The Write-Up: Eduardo Rodriguez
- Cup of Coffee: Kemp homers twice, Light hits 101
- Cup of Coffee: Moore comes through in the clutch for Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada wins it in extras
- Cup of Coffee: Elias's career night powers Pawtucket
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi drives in two to boost Couch, Sea Dogs