Reliever Andrew Bailey set for exam and MRI; DL possible
|05.05.13 at 2:07 pm ET|
Red Sox reliever Andrew Bailey will have an exam and an MRI after sitting for roughly a week because of what is being called biceps soreness. Manager John Farrell was asked Sunday if it was possible the righty would have to go on the disabled list, and Farrell said the team would likely “have more information on that that” when the team returns to Boston.
“He’s got an exam scheduled for tomorrow morning, as much to give him some peace of mind in what he’s dealing with, because it’s in that last 10 percent of intensity where he feels some of the symptoms he’s going through,” Farrell told reporters in Texas. “For our own information and his peace of mind, we’ve got to get that looked at thoroughly.’
In 13 games this season, Bailey is 1-0 with a 1.46 ERA and has converted five saves in six chances in 12 1/3 innings of work. He last pitched April 28 against Houston, meaning that if he were to land on the DL, his stint could be backdated to April 29 — with Sunday marking the seventh day of a potential stint on the 15-day DL.
For more Red Sox news, check out weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Updating the scouting reports - stage two complete
- Fort Report: Moncada Madness
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster