Andrew Bailey to DL, Craig Breslow activated
|05.06.13 at 4:10 pm ET|
“It is what we thought it was,” said Bailey, who, while frustrated by another trip to the DL, described his absence as “a little blip on the radar.”
Bailey, who has a 1.46 ERA and 20 strikeouts in 12 1/3 innings, suggested that he will rest for a couple of days, and seemed optimistic that, given the absence of structural damage in his throwing arm, he would be back when eligible to return (he’s eligible to come off the DL on May 14, an off-day).
In Bailey’s absence, left-hander Craig Breslow will be activated from the disabled list, where he’d resided all year due to shoulder inflammation.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Trade Analysis: Scouting the prospects dealt for Tyler Thornburg
- Trade Analysis: Scouting the pitching prospects dealt for Chris Sale
- Trade Analysis: Scouting the hitting prospects dealt for Chris Sale
- Podcast Ep. #110: Dealin' Dave's Winter Sale
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo to play in Puerto Rican League
- November Notes: Prospect rankings and new CBA
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez belts walk-off home run
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Devers, Hernandez stand out in Dominican winter league
- Podcast Ep. #109: Alex Speier on Ranking the System
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez debuts, Tavarez, Mars stay hot