Andrew Bailey to DL, Craig Breslow activated
|05.06.13 at 4:10 pm ET|
“It is what we thought it was,” said Bailey, who, while frustrated by another trip to the DL, described his absence as “a little blip on the radar.”
Bailey, who has a 1.46 ERA and 20 strikeouts in 12 1/3 innings, suggested that he will rest for a couple of days, and seemed optimistic that, given the absence of structural damage in his throwing arm, he would be back when eligible to return (he’s eligible to come off the DL on May 14, an off-day).
In Bailey’s absence, left-hander Craig Breslow will be activated from the disabled list, where he’d resided all year due to shoulder inflammation.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts, Stankiewicz shines for Salem
- Red Sox purchase contract of pitcher Noe Ramirez
- Johnson named to International League All-Star Team
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech goes six strong, Nava returns to Pawtucket
- Red Sox sign two as international signing period opens
- Cup of Coffee: Devers hits clutch homer, GCL Sox remain unbeaten
- Podcast Ep. 79: Promotions, Signings, Rankings, Fireworks?
- Five Sea Dogs chosen for Eastern League All-Star team
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza and Owens pitch well, Basabe leads Lowell
- Red Sox sign five more draftees, including first-round pick Benintendi