Andrew Bailey to DL, Craig Breslow activated
|05.06.13 at 4:10 pm ET|
“It is what we thought it was,” said Bailey, who, while frustrated by another trip to the DL, described his absence as “a little blip on the radar.”
Bailey, who has a 1.46 ERA and 20 strikeouts in 12 1/3 innings, suggested that he will rest for a couple of days, and seemed optimistic that, given the absence of structural damage in his throwing arm, he would be back when eligible to return (he’s eligible to come off the DL on May 14, an off-day).
In Bailey’s absence, left-hander Craig Breslow will be activated from the disabled list, where he’d resided all year due to shoulder inflammation.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Cup of Coffee: Gunkel perfect in relief, Miller walks off for Greenville
- Cup of Coffee: Dahlstrand cruises again in Salem's win
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson tosses complete game shutout
- Cup of Coffee: Chavis homers in 10th inning to lead Drive
- Weekly Notes: Blake Swihart's hot start; Rusney Castillo on the mend
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas struggles with command, Barnes bounces back
- Cup of Coffee: Swihart leads PawSox hit parade, Rodriguez earns first win
- Cup of Coffee: Ball stymies Mudcats, Brentz leads Pawtucket past Rochester
- Swihart learning to catch the knuckler in Pawtucket
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 7: Low Minors Pitchers