Andrew Bailey to DL, Craig Breslow activated
|05.06.13 at 4:10 pm ET|
“It is what we thought it was,” said Bailey, who, while frustrated by another trip to the DL, described his absence as “a little blip on the radar.”
Bailey, who has a 1.46 ERA and 20 strikeouts in 12 1/3 innings, suggested that he will rest for a couple of days, and seemed optimistic that, given the absence of structural damage in his throwing arm, he would be back when eligible to return (he’s eligible to come off the DL on May 14, an off-day).
In Bailey’s absence, left-hander Craig Breslow will be activated from the disabled list, where he’d resided all year due to shoulder inflammation.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Miller homer lifts Portland following Rodriguez gem
- Barnes continues resurgence behind explosive fastball, strong curve
- Cup of Coffee: Barnes impresses in shutout victory
- Cup of Coffee: Ranaudo shuts out Lehigh Valley
- Players of the Week, 8/11-17: Keith Couch & Keury De La Cruz
- Cup of Coffee: Top picks Chavis and Kopech key GCL Sox win
- Jackie Bradley, Jr. optioned to Pawtucket, Betts called up to Boston
- Weekly Notes: Margot's break out continues in Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Monge, Margot, and Mookie keep mashing
- Cup of Coffee: Couch dominates Richmond