Andrew Bailey to DL, Craig Breslow activated
|05.06.13 at 4:10 pm ET|
“It is what we thought it was,” said Bailey, who, while frustrated by another trip to the DL, described his absence as “a little blip on the radar.”
Bailey, who has a 1.46 ERA and 20 strikeouts in 12 1/3 innings, suggested that he will rest for a couple of days, and seemed optimistic that, given the absence of structural damage in his throwing arm, he would be back when eligible to return (he’s eligible to come off the DL on May 14, an off-day).
In Bailey’s absence, left-hander Craig Breslow will be activated from the disabled list, where he’d resided all year due to shoulder inflammation.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs
- Cup of Coffee: Salem's narrow loss ends season for whole system
- Podcast Ep. #105: MoncadainBoston