Andrew Bailey to DL, Craig Breslow activated
|05.06.13 at 4:10 pm ET|
After an MRI confirmed tendinitis in the right biceps of Andrew Bailey, the Red Sox place the closer on the 15-day disabled list (retroactive to April 29).
“It is what we thought it was,” said Bailey, who, while frustrated by another trip to the DL, described his absence as “a little blip on the radar.”
Bailey, who has a 1.46 ERA and 20 strikeouts in 12 1/3 innings, suggested that he will rest for a couple of days, and seemed optimistic that, given the absence of structural damage in his throwing arm, he would be back when eligible to return (he’s eligible to come off the DL on May 14, an off-day).
In Bailey’s absence, left-hander Craig Breslow will be activated from the disabled list, where he’d resided all year due to shoulder inflammation.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Predicting Red Sox Lineup This Season
- Will the Red Sox Be Baseball's Next Dynasty?
- What Twitter's Saying About Red Sox Spring Training
- Red Sox Spring Training Stock Watch
- Top All-Star Candidates for Red Sox
- Breakout Performances from the First 2 Weeks of Spring Training
- Projecting Boston Red Sox's Final 25-Man Roster at the Start of Spring...
- Owens, Cecchini among 12 players cut from Sox camp
- Red Sox re-sign reliever Michael Olmsted
- System Restart 2014, Pt. 1: Catchers
- Fort Report: Depth at pitcher and catcher touted
- Rich in pitching depth
- Fort Report: The games begin
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #53: Spring Training Mailbag
- Red Sox sign outfielder Bo Greenwell to minor league deal
- Josh Maurer joins PawSox radio team
- Fort Report: Camp kicks into full gear